Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need recommendations >

Need recommendations

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need recommendations

Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Need recommendations

I hunt with an old PSE Fireflight Express. It's gotta be over 12 years old.
29" draw length, max 60 - 70 lbs. 65% let off. Use it for whitetail hunting in the Northeast.
It's time for a new bow.
I need recommendations. Doesn't have to be PSE. I want speed, silence, short length, lightweight and as cheap as possible. Either carbon or aluminum. Trying to avoid overdraws. Easy, right?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:53 PM

Default RE: Need recommendations

These are speedy little bows that are quiet and you can order from Bass Pro or Cabelas It's a Diamond Triumph.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

There area few bow manufacturers you can go with tofind quality bows at reasonable prices with any ofseveral brands. Along with their top dollar stuff, Martin and PSE have some good bows at budget prices. Reflex is thenon-pro shopbrand name for Hoyt, just like Diamond is for Bowtech. I've been very impressed with what I've seen from Fred Bear too. Parker is another name that comes up every time a question like this is asked, but I've never messed with one, so I don't know diddly about them.

I'd suggest looking through all the websites for those outfits and pick out some bows from each that interest you. Run a price check at some of the internet archery stores to see which ones are in your price range. Then, after you've done some weeding and culling, head out to the shops in your neck of the woods and shoot as many of them as you can find.

Buy what feels best in your hand and fits your budget. Hang on to that ol' PSE though. It's a classic.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:19 PM

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2006-Bow-Reviews/bow-specifications-main.htmhere is a good place to compare bows
Old 11-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://newberrybows.com/Iron%20Mace.htm