Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 magnus snuffer ss report >

magnus snuffer ss report

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

magnus snuffer ss report

Old 11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default magnus snuffer ss report

I bought the new snuffer ss this year. Have shot two does with them one complete pass through other passed through but arrow still in deer. Second doe bedded down within twenty yards and was struggling for a couple minutes so I got done and put another arrow in her to make sure and I hate to see any animal suffer even though the first shot was a double lung shot. Anyways the two broadheads on the second doe were both damaged beyond repair the first shot was bent assuming when she fell with arrow in and second one tip was damaged far enough back I couldn't resharpen I'm guessing on a rock or something when it passed through when she was lying down. The other broadhead that made a complete pass through was fine. I wasn't impressed with the durability but I was with the magnus guarentee, I called to explain and without second guessing the tech rep told me the lifetime guarentee covered them and to send them in for replacement, exactly one week later from the date they left my house I had two new broadheads at my door.
Just thought I would share my experience with everyone.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: magnus snuffer ss report

I am glad to here that as I have recently bought 12 Magnus broadheads as I could not get the 2 blade bear broadheads here anymore.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 PM

Default RE: magnus snuffer ss report

I've shot two deer with the Snuffer SS so far this year. First one passed through a doe and when I retrieved the arrow found that the tip had rolled back a little. Tried to resharpen it and then put the arrow on a roller and found the broadhead had bent because it wobbled pretty bad. On thesecond deer I had apass through ona buck and tip rolled a little on that one also but no bend. I'm please with the results of the shot as both deer never got past 40 yards but a little disappointed that the broadhead isn't a little tougher.