Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 MATHEWS Q2 -  LOST POUNDAGE >

MATHEWS Q2 - LOST POUNDAGE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MATHEWS Q2 - LOST POUNDAGE

Old 10-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Spike

Default MATHEWS Q2 - LOST POUNDAGE

My bow has lost alot of speed since I have had new stings put on it. The draw wgt feels like it is way less than it was beforeI had the string changed. Thelimbs are buriedall the way so I don't know if there is any way to get the poundage back. It was at 68 pounds but I would guess it is now somewhere in the 50-55 range now. It still works fineI was just wondering what could have caused this change and how it could be fixed. Is it the wrong string length? Are the limbs bad? Please help!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:17 PM

Default RE: MATHEWS Q2 - LOST POUNDAGE

Wrong cable length, string length or both. You'll need to take them off and measure to see that they are actually what the spec.'s call for. If they're a bit too long (like it sounds) you should be able to twist them up some to get them in spec.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take the bow back where you got the string and cable put on and tell them to FIX IT! Their foul up, theirobligation to make it right.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:45 PM

Yeah, take bow back to whoever put the strings on. Any reputible bow shop would of checked the a2a, brace and max draw # before handing the bow over!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

YEAH!!
What they said![:@]
Old 10-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

A simple way to check if it is out of time, too long of cable and/or string, is to look at the bottom cam, find the two timing holes and check to see if they are perpindicular to the string. If they aren't, then you know something is out of whack! In this pic., I have cut the tips off of two cue tips and placed them in the timing holes and then layed the yard stick next to them to check to see if the holes are lined up with the string. If the holes on your bow areoff, and seem to line up as you draw, then your string/cable are too long. Possible fix is twisting them, BUT if you're way off, then apparently you have the wrong string and cable installed.