Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Glue

Old 10-18-2006, 06:44 AM

Default Fletching Glue

What fletching glue do you folks use? i'm using Bohning Fletch Tite Platinum, and I'm not very impressed with it.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching Glue

I use AAE fast set gel and get excellent results with both feathers andblazers on carbon arrows.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:51 AM

I have had not problems with my fletch-tite platinum. But at the shop I work at we use Pine Ridge glue. It is some great stuff and sets up extremely fast!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:54 AM

The problem I am having is, my fletches seem to set up perfectly fine, but they only last about 15 or 20 shots before they start peeling back.....I'm also kinda new at fletching, so I might be doing something wrong.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I, too, use the Fletch-Tite, with great success.

Make sure your shafts are clean. Also, make sure the entire groove of the fletch is covered with the glue. For 4 inch vanes I apply 5 drops of glue and smear it along the entire groove of the fletch. When you apply the fletch to the shaft, press down a little to make sure the fletch and glue contact with the shaft. Give it a few seconds to dry and adhere to the shaft, a minute at the most. Now, If you're using aluminums, you have to give it several minutes! I hate doing aluminums, especially helical feathers on aluminums. [:'(]

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 AM

I also use the Fletch-tite Platinum and find that it works pretty well. Here's a little tip that might help with the durability of the vanes.Once your vane is on, apply a small drop of glue to the very front of the vane where it meets theshaft and I also put a small drop at the rear of the vane. It doesn't seem to affect performance and sure helps prevent those vanes from tearing off prematurely. Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I tried some of this fletchtite recently on my carbon arrows, and the fletching would just fall off after a few shots.I thought I would try it cause it said it would work on my aluminums as well as carbons.Igt did work fine on the aluminiums but not the carbons. For my carbons I'll go back to my gel type super glues I've never had them fail.Also most any of the gel type super glues work,I have experimented with many and had great results.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:55 AM

Sooner82,
What kind of rest are you using?? My whisker bisquit was tough on my fletchings till I did this. Aluminum arrows , Wraps( a must)2 inch Blazers ( do not pre clean vanes) and Bohning Platnium glue. Right helical. After they dry ,I also put a dot of super glue on front tip of vane. Bullet proof Good Luck
Old 10-20-2006, 07:09 AM

Goat Tuff....seems to be working well for me so far
Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fletch-Tite works excellently on Bhoning vanes but you need to let the glue cure over night. if you are using other brands of vanes or feathers Fletch-Tite probably will not bond good because most vanes have a waxy coating called mold release that needs to be cleaned off before applying any type of glue, if you clean the groove with dishwashing liquid and water and dry off the Fletch tite will work but if you preferr using something different go with the Bhoning Fletch-Tite quickset gel, AAE fastset gel is good but expensive and Loc-Tite gel you find at the hardware store is basically the exact same thing for a fraction of the cost.
If you can find it,Loctite 404 is the best you can get itis an industrial strength canocrylateand hard to find but it will glue dang near any thing not just fletching.
any type of super glue will work great on vanes or feathers just make sure you have cleaned all the mold releaseout of the vaneschannel beforeapplying the glue.

Quick Reply: Fletching Glue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.