Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Merlin??

Old 09-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Merlin??

I've shot Merlins foralmost a decade now. I am a dealer and also run theMerlin USA office. All bias aside, they are simplygreat bows, even tho not well known. The risers are 6082, which is a better grade for this application over 6061 used by basically everyone else. We run 12 layer laminated limbs, as opposed to Gordon molded or lesser layer laminations---the best laminatedin the USA offer 5 layers I believe. We offer Viper cams which are as fast as anything on the market, yet still quite smooth, andalso the Alpha cam, which is arguably one of the smoothest cams available today.Machine work is impeccable, geometry and handling superb. If you haven't tried one, take the time to do so. We have many top level target shooters racking up personal bests with them, and Merlin Hunting Pro Staffmember Rob Evansshot a monster black bear with his Viper cam XS this past spring, 629lbs, 8'8" tall, 83" nose to tail, 21 15/16" skull (dried). One shot, one kill, no exceptions! Enjoy the pic, and by all means try one out if you get a chance, you'll thank me later.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Merlin??

I have shot one That's what got me started on all this, and I am bound and determined to own one by the end of this year. I going to get off from a couple of my firearms and spend they money on this bow.