Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 If it weren't for bad luck... >

If it weren't for bad luck...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

If it weren't for bad luck...

Old 09-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default If it weren't for bad luck...

Well, I got my Bowtech Patriot back today after having the limbs replaced. I headed to the range to check everything out, and noticed after a few shots that the bow was a little louder than normal. I stopped and checked the limbs, and I can't see or feel any cracks but am extremely paranoid. Granted I did have the Bowtechlimb silencers and limbsavers on the other limbs, so maybe I just need to put the limbsavers back on with the limb silencersand just keep an eye on things.As ifthingshaven't been bad enough waiting on my bow limbs while my WA archery elkseason startedyesterday and I leave for Idaho next weekend,while shooting broadheads into the foam blocks at the range I sliced the inside of my thumb on my bow hand. Thankfully I didn't need stitches, but it was close. I cleaned the wound andput some toilet paper on it in the Pro Shop, and wrapped it up with some masking tape they had behind the counter. I'mable to shoot 2"groups at 20 and 5" groups at 40, so I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow in the mountains. I've got the wound steri-stripped and bandaged up just enough toprotect it without affecting my grip. Now it just needs to heal before next Sunday. Talk about bad luck.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If it weren't for bad luck...

Can't blame you for being a little edgie. I do think your right about why it's a little louder.

Hope you have better days and good hunting!
Old 09-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If it weren't for bad luck...

I know all about bad luck. Last season I had purchased a Switchback. With less than 30 shots the string jumped off the bottom cam. The next day I took it to the dealer and found the bottom cam was bent and needed replaced. Almost 2 weeks later I get the bow back and get the bow retuned. A couple days later I take it into the woods only to end up slicing half the string while removing an arrow from the quiver. So it was another trip back to the pro shop 2 days later to have that fixed. I did end up with good fortune as I took a doe about 3 weeks later with that bow. Hopefully you will have success as well. Good luck!