Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOWTECH HELP

Old 09-07-2006, 12:24 PM
G5

Default BOWTECH HELP

Im hoping someone can help me, I have Bowtech Tomkat 05' and trying get a new string and cable put on. This task sounds simple enough however my bow is the single cam model and has a goofy string length of 86 5/16" and a cable 34 7/8". And wouldnt you belive thatafter 2 days ofsearching, no one i have talked to (and i have talked to a lot of people)seems to have any idea where to get a string and cable of those lengths.My local bowtech dealer doesnt seem to want to helpwith this matter at all.The best option he had for me was he would put a Zebra 87 1/4 on and twist itup [:@].So thiswhole dealhas kinda got to me. if anyone out there knows where to get a quality string and cable of those lengths i would much appreciate it. And while im on my little rant about this maybe someone could also explain to me why bowtech has got a bow that seems to be immposable to get a replacement string for. And why in the world did they give dealership to someone who seems to care so little. So anyways i appolgize for my rant but if anyone can help or knows someone that can help i could use it

Thanks
G5
Old 09-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH HELP

Strings& cables may be purchased from any Authorized BowTech Dealer or they may be purchased fromthe BowTech Factory Pro Shop by calling them at 541-463-7746.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried Gibblet yet?

I'm fairly certain he could build you one in any length you want.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, at our shop we make them so there is no having to stock all different sizes. By the way, Bowtech ain't bad, try looking at Dartons lengths!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your darn right Dave ,Gibblet can make a string for a banjo if you need it .you just tell him what you need and you can bet it will be right on the money .LOL

nubo
Old 09-09-2006, 07:37 AM

Whatever you do, don't put the Zebra string on. All the twists needed would be a mess. And the string isn't near the quality of the BowTech string. A friend has Gibblet"s string on his Patriot. It's a very good string. You can do as BowTech Shooter said and order direct.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:59 AM

You are telling me the Bowtech dealer where you got the bow doesn't have strings for it, or can't get them? Or better yet can't make you a set of strings? I would call bowtech and ask them about that.

Paul