Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alpine Softloc quiver question >

Alpine Softloc quiver question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alpine Softloc quiver question

Old 08-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Alpine Softloc quiver question

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this question but here goes. I have a BowTech Tribute with a Cobra Sure-Loc Sidewinder sight on it. I was thinking about buying an Alpine SoftLoc 5 arrow quiver to go on the bow and was wonderring if anyone had this combination. I'm not sure how the quiver mounting bracket, sight mounting bracket and extension bar for the sight would work together. Let me know if anyone has this combo of if you have seen it. I'm not wanting to waste money on something that will not work. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Alpine Softloc quiver question

I can see any reason why this wouldnt work.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:51 AM

I have a Bowtech Liberty with Copper John Pro II (which has a similar knob on the sight mounting bracket) and the Alpine SoftLoc 5 arrow quiver. My sights came with an allen head set screw that you can replace the knob on the sight mounting bracket with. This allows the clearance necessary to mount the quiver bracket. If your sights didn't come with one, I'm reasonably sure that you can find a set screw that will work at your local hardware store. Overall the quiver works fine and is quiet, though I wish it was more easily removed from the bracket (I take the quiver off the bow and switch it to an additional bracket I have mounted on my climber).
Old 08-30-2006, 10:45 AM

You can see my set-up below. The Smartrest has a micro-adjust knob that interferes with theoriginal mounting set-up for the Sof-Loc, however, Sof-Loc quivers come with an adaptor set-up that allows clearance for the knob. It is very easy to install, but I would check at your pro shop before buying one. I like mine because it is small and lightweight.