Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Alpine Softloc users ?

Old 10-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alpine Softloc users ?

I need a new quiver and am thinking of the softloc. The reason I'm switching is because it doesn't grip my slim blackmax shafts. Does anybody use an Alpine with the Axis or blackmax?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Alpine Softloc users ?

Yes, I use it with Axis 340s and I'm very happy with it. I had an arrow come loose 1 time and that was going through some pretty thick brush. The mounting system is great. easy on easy off and all that rubber to absorb vibration. Thumbs up! EDIT: I use the 5 arrow model.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:32 PM

Mine is on it's 3rd bow! I love it, it would take alot for me to switch-check'em out...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

i love mine as well. not sure how much smaller the axis shafts are compared to my Epics but it cant be TOO much..and it wouldnt matter because at the top of the grooves they are practically closed..push it through that and into a small circle that holds your shafts. i think youd be fine. i never used any other quiver but i love it..i dont think you can get any simpler. i take mine off and put it on all the time. also like the way its held in with rubber..definently cuts back on noise. barelyyyy noticable diffrence on or off. i think the arrows vibrate when its on andmake noise..if i shoot it on and no arrows theres no noise. also theres no diffrence in where the arrows fly with my 3 arrow model. i heard sometimes with 5+ arrow quivers impact may change..not sure why though..just read that. if i need more then 3 arrows my 4th arrow will be the BOW...when i THROW IT
Old 10-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

ive had mine on three different bows as well but i used thicker arrows in the past so i had to super glue some stuff in the spots where the arrows go. i used the stuff that they line cabinets with cut two thing strips (just a little thicker then the width of the rubber) glued it to the side then glued each round spot and put an old arrow in to press the glue and liner into place and let each one dry all the way across. my arrows dont even move now.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

only thing i dotn like is that i always used to rest my bow across my lap arrows down and now to do that i have to zip tie the quiver to the mount because ill sometimes pop the front holders out. the quiver wont fall off just be loose.