Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Went and Did It. >

Went and Did It.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Went and Did It.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Went and Did It.

Well folks I went and did it again and bough some more muzzies, some of you may remember some of the post from lastyear when i stated i was having so many problems with Thunderheads and switched to the small 4 blade muzzy 100gr. Well this year im doing something a bit different. I bought a pack of the NEW Muzzy Phantoms 100 gr? Has anyone shot these yet this year? I know they are very very new cause our local proshop just got them in earlier this week. Heres a link to the site http://muzzy.com/phantom.htmThese heads also come with a very fun interactive/informational dvd/cd and a cool Muzzy decal. I put them on my easton 2314's lastnight but do to a tornado not far from me I couldnt shoot. Hopefully the skies and storms today will celar so i can see how they fly. These things look totally deadly. Also bought the the new MAD Calls Buck Growl. Im gonna do some early season expirements with it come opening day If i see any nice bucks.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:12 AM

Default RE: Went and Did It.

I haven't tried them but they look deadly.

Honestly, I didn't know they made a 22o grain broadhead.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine are the 100/80 grain heads, 100 grains with the bleeder balde and 80 grains w/out the bleeder balde, i like the fact that i can reove the bleeder balde. Muzzy doesnt always let buyers know when they are comming out with new items, heck they dont really advertise either, but in my own experience wiht the comapny I can tell you I have not found a better company to buy heads from. That little chissle tip you see on most broadheads, well Muzzy was the first company to make that. Other companies followed Muzzy's prime workmanship.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:58 AM

I got them last year. you will need to check tuning, I had to go to a 5 inch feather to get right with my field tips. don't shoot a squirrel with one, there isn't much left.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im already shooting 5 inch feathers.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:33 PM

Wis

I agree totally. I haven't found a reason NOT to use their product.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as how they shoot, you do need to be on with your tuning. I found that they were twice as far off as Slick Tricks when my bow was a little off in tune, with regular 4 blade Muzzys being about in the middle between the Phantoms and Tricks. Once the bow was tuned, they shot and grouped well with Blazers out to 40 yards. I have yet to shoot an animal with them, but they are scary sharp, and ought to deal a devastating wound.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:24 PM

i've got some original phantoms. same head. lordy i hope you know how to tune a bow. if you don't, you're out of luck and no amt of reading will help you i don't think.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

With 5" feathers (fletched helical?), he should have a shot, giblet.

As giblet mentioned, these heads were originally made by an independent company, and were bought out by Muzzy, so they are not actually a new product.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well it looks as if the storms have finally moved out of Wi and I may get a chance to shoot them bad boys tonight. I have yet to find a broad head that doesnt shoot well with my setup, I have shot everything from 3.00 broad heads to 65.00 broadheads and have yet to have to adjust anything with my current setup.

PSE Nova 67# Synergy 4 Cams 30 inch draw
Easton XX75Game Tracker 2314's 29 in. 5 inchStraight Feathers
WB
100 Grain Broad Heads. Muzzy 4 blade, Thunder Heads, Satelites, Rockies, Steelforce, Magnus, Crimsons, theres not many on the market that I havent shot.