Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How's your MZE holding  up? >

How's your MZE holding up?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How's your MZE holding up?

Old 11-07-2002, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default How's your MZE holding up?

For those that have been using it for a few years now, how's your MZE doing? Any problems? Worn parts? Anything requiring replacement? Anything that unintentionally moved that required retuning?

Going to be setting up a new hunting bow now that my 2002 bowhunting season is over, and have been toying with the idea of trying out a MZE on the new bow. Still haven't narrowed down what the new bow will be, (new Darton Avalanche with CPS Extreme?.......), but might try something different than my Bodoodle Pro500 which has served me VERY well. And as addicted to tinkering as I am along with being a gear junkie, I'm surprised that I haven't ended up trying a MZE on a bow before this.

Comments from you longer-term MZE owners are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by - Black Frog on 11/07/2002 08:45:26
Old 11-07-2002, 07:49 AM

Default RE: How's your MZE holding up?

I've hunted mine for two years now and have not had a single thing to do with it. No problems at all. I have been very impressed and will definately put one on my next bow. Biggest advantage for me is the fact that I can sit in a stand and never worry about if my arrow is on the rest. A little mole skin on the riser and you can move your bow freely in any direction and no arrows clanging off the rest with a perfect draw position every time. Try it out, you will enjoy it.

Old 11-07-2002, 07:52 AM

I installed mine in feb. and I have shot about 2000++ arrows thru it with no problems, I even had to restring twice but the rest worked perfect every time

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110
Old 11-07-2002, 09:19 AM

I'm not a long-term MZE user, but I'll give you my thoughts. I've had my ZE since my purchase of a new bow about 5 months ago. I love the rest, and tuning couldn't be easier. I also appreciate always knowing the arrow won't fall off the riser/rest.

While carrying it through the woods, the hook that holds the arrow sometimes moves. It doesn't hurt the tune, and I simply push it back into place. That's it for complaints.....

MOCraig
Old 11-07-2002, 09:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-07-2002, 04:21 PM

I'm also interested in the MZE I'm just wondering is it a fairly quiet rest?
Old 11-07-2002, 04:33 PM
JPS

I had the hook turn on me last May in turkey season.When I got home I reset it and put a mark on it in case it turned again on me.Well about a week ago I settled into my stand in the a.m. and when it got daylight I noticed it had turned again,I must have got it snagged on something.Well I just turned it to my scribe mark and didnt worry about it. When I got home and shot it it was dead on.I have tightened it very tight and put some glue on it and it is very hard to move but it moved somehow.Overall the rest is great and I will be using it for a long time to come.

Old 11-07-2002, 05:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-08-2002, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

I've put a ton of arrows through my MZE and haven't had a problem what so ever. I'm pretty tough on my equipment since most of my hunting spots have pretty thick cover. Nothing has moved, but just incase I marked everything so it would be a quick fix. I'm 3for 4 this season with this new rest. It will go on my next new bow!