Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Draw length ?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Draw length ?

Is this too short?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Draw length ?

Like I said in your form critic thread in bowhunting, if your short, it's only a 1/2 inch and like you said in that thread, your shooting very well.....course, it's a half inch of speed and KE....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's kind of hard to tell with this pic ,but when i first seen your anchor point,I noticed you elbow up a bit and I thought it look's like you may be a bit short and your string appear's to be in front of your cheek a bit as well. But it doesn't look too bad .If you don't feel that yourset in with your shoulder back then most likely you may be a bit short,but it's close call.

nubo
Old 08-16-2006, 11:55 PM

I thought that your eye should be right on your peep . Making his draw @2" too short ?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

At first glance it appears too short to me. I also notice that you are leaning back at the waist which is pushing your left shoulder "up". You need to stand more erect. You have quite a bend in your bow arm which makes you use muscles to hold tension.

I'm more of a "straight arm, but not locked" guy. I like using bone/bone contact which is easier to maintain and shoot without getting fatigued, but that's me. By starightening the bow arm you could possibly get another inch out of the bow which would give you a bit more speed.

I think your anchor points at the face are about right. The arrow's nock is vertically right below the eye. It does appear that you are over stretched just a bit with the drawing elbow down slightly. This can be corrected by possibly shortening the release and/or loop a bit. It's not really too bad though.

I've given you a couple things to think about and possibly change. If you make any changed you have to give your body some shooting time to adjust to a new "feel". However, in the end "feel" will be what determines what you stay with. Don't be afraid to experiment. You can alwasy adjust back to a previous setting. Just remember to take measurements first.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good , unless you are a locked out elbow type , Im not .
Old 08-19-2006, 04:56 PM

It doesn't look to bad, if it is short it is only a very little bit
Old 08-19-2006, 08:50 PM

I agree with BG, try to hold your head and back straighter and drop that front elbow down some. Your are leaning your head into the string which you shouldn't do.

Try that and see if it feels and looks better. Many times people have form problems becuase they are simply drawing too much and it screws them up from the get go because they can't draw smoothly.

Paul