Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

i need help

Old 08-06-2006, 12:52 AM

Default i need help

i use a browning micro-adrenaline @ 50 lbs with a cobra sight with easton excell arrows..i use a loop....

i need help on how to tune up my bow

what about hunting from a ground blind

i was thinkin about buying the ameristep brick house

feed back please
Old 08-06-2006, 07:42 AM

Default RE: i need help

Using good form, shoot an arrow through paper at your pro shop. The tear in the paper will dictate what you need to do to the bow. You want a bullet hole in the paper, or a SLIGHTLY high tear.

Good blind. It should work well for you.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 AM

the kidd- If this is your first bow I would look for someone with experience that can teach you the proper way to tune "hands on". Any pro shop should help you, but you never know. Just ask around your area and you should be able to find someone who can help you.

I've used the AmeriStep shooting blinds. I really liked them- easy to set up/take down and large enough for me and a buddy to hunt out of. The only thing I wasn't pleased with was the noise they make in high winds (I live in West Texas, so you may not have a wind problem where you are). I'm saying HIGH winds, not just a breeze. When we hunted in just a breeze, it worked great. I think you'll be happy with it.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:56 AM

thanks for both of ur guys help i am goin to sportsmans warehouse today over here in san antonio so that i could go get the bow paper tuned...and thanks for giving me info on the ameristep blinds i am geting one..yhe only thing is that i like the fact of staying scent free and the deer wont be able to look into the blind as easy because of the mesh but its just scary to shoot through the mesh, but when i get the blind im gonna take a couple of practice shots so that my confidence level wont change..i hunt in west texas in uvalde county..also practicing what do yall do?shoot at 50 yards sitting down ,standing up,?i try practicing from like 40 yards sitting,standing,i try alot of the posssible ways i can shoot an animal and i use a morrel yellow jacket target and i highly reccomend that target ,it workes great,u can easily remove ur broadheads, and its very inexpensive..
Old 08-06-2006, 12:03 PM

where i hunt there isn't really any high winds every once in a while at least though..also the terrain there isvery covered there aren't many open spots unless ur on a tower blind and on the roads...but i also wanted to know that if it is legal to hunt by the fence line on a ground blind, im not planning to be right by it probably about 10 yards away from it for bowseason,since i found out the paths that the does were takin and i want to shoot a doe first before i move up and try to hunt a buck...thanks
Old 08-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: the kidd

yhe only thing is that i like the fact of staying scent free
No blind is scent free, so make sure you continue to use scent control. Wash your huntingclothes in baking soda and hang them outside to dry.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:15 PM

yea i kno that my bad i didnt say that rite i meant like there is beter scent containment when you have the mesh windows on... and yea i use scent lok
with the face scent thingy magig. and i use the scentlok detergent,and the
scent lok deorderant too
Old 08-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Be careful setting up along a fenceline. If you have to make sure you have permission to go onto the next property to retrieve an animal. A bow shot deer will still jump a fence.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Download the tuneing guide from easton archerys site , loads of valueable info on it .