Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BowTech modules

Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 PM

Default BowTech modules

We just got in our first BowTech yesterday. The birth certificate says that it has smooth modules and we ordered it with smooth modules but the module is coded "EFA", I thought that is a fast mod.? If this is a "smooth" module, I'd hate to feel the draw cycle on a "fast" one. Anyone know what the markings are on a smooth mod?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BowTech modules

Yep, EFA means it came with a fast mod.. If I'm not mistaken, the smooth ones are stamped ESM (my bows are in the next room).
Old 07-14-2006, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

If I am not mistaken the silver mods are the fast mods, and the black finished mods are the smooth mods. But it should be stamped on sides.

EFA== Fast mods

ESA== smooth mods.

Trytan
Old 07-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duh... Yeah, I guess I could have mentioned the color differences, too. [8D]
Old 07-14-2006, 02:03 PM

I have a bowech allegiance 2005 and has just E5 on the module, what's this signify? Thanks - color isa gray tone.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:45 PM

Yep, we got the rest of them in today and that one had the wrong mod's on it. Some one must've been in a hurry when they set it up and filled out the "birth certificate" without checking the modules.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's not the first time I've seen misprints on the BC.

The BC is a great tool, but they need to get the pen out of the doctors hands (hard to read) and double check that what they wrote is what it actually is. And while they're at it- if they make a mistake, grab a new one and don't scribble out or write over the one you messed up on.

What is really sad about this thread is you ordered a smooth mod bow and recieved a fast one with a smooth mod BC. Who is color blind and why didn't your dealer catch it before calling you and sending you home with it?
My BC came with the speed mod slot checked off and a speed was ordred, but showed up with black mods. Hmm, starting to see a trend here[&:].
No big deal as a simple mod swap out corrected the situation, but just not the level of perfection I've come to expect when buying a higher end product.

BTW, I'm not a bowtech hater, but 2 out of the three bowtechs I've ordered have come in different than what I asked for. How hard is it to fill an order correctly? were just talking draw weight, draw length and now a specific module & color- not 20 options.
The only vehicle I've ordered had8 items I specifically requestedand came in to a "T" as to what I ordered.

KodiakARCHER, once you get the mods swapped out it will feel smoother at a cost of 8fps(on my bow) that was 8 fps lost I could live with. My tribute is still 16 fps faster than my buds XT with same draw weight and dl, but his does draw "easier".
Old 07-15-2006, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

so silver is fast modules? sweet! i thought i had the smooth! guess i'll be pushing 315 IBO then! BC was for smooth @ 29", had the black models. Dealer switched to the 30" silver modules. Bc rated my tribute at 307.

It does break over late but i think the draw is really smooth anyway. Even compared to the Switchbacks and defintly better thant the Hoyts i drew.