Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ? for Bowtech shooters >

? for Bowtech shooters

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for Bowtech shooters

Old 07-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Banned

Default RE: ? for Bowtech shooters

I kept my factory ones on my Tribute and added rubber cat whiskers.....very quiet now.HCH
Old 07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave: You wondered about the string jax. IMO, they do not work as well as string leeches. I ended up putting catwhiskers on my string as well as the jax to get rid of string vibe. Still hard to beat catwhiskers for quiet without the STS slap.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

SIMS CROSSBOW LEECHES SEEM TO BE THE BEST.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Joe PA, thanks for the heads up on the jaxs.

Me and cat whiskers just don't get along.
I've said it before and will say it again- I can smell them in the hot Texas heat. If I can smell it the deer can smell it,so they are not an option for me. I was using bass skirt whiskers for a while, but they flew off after about 500 shots (they didn't stink).

<--------There is one right there.
I know, I know- nobody else can smell them and I'm plain nuts- but to me they smell like somebody doing a burnout with their tires (only when it's hot).

BTW, the STS slap is less apparent on my Tribute with the navcom material STS and the string serving.

I'M FINALLY going over to my friends house to shoot on friday to do a head to head Patriot/Q2 & Tribute/XT shootout. We'll compare bow noises and such. Nothing competative, just looking for the truth behind the hype of each brand and a chance to shoot other bows with the same draw length & draw weight.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get to shoot an XT head-to-head against my Tribute any day I want, as that was the last Mathews I owned before signing with BowTech... No hype, no partisanship -- I still can't get my XT to shoot as quiet as my Tribute. Anyone standing around can hear the difference.

The XT's a great bow, and I've told lots of people that. But, my Tribute's better...
Old 07-14-2006, 08:52 AM

I have left them all off and added a STS to all of my bows. It made a big difference on my Allegience. Get the newer double if you go this route.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:38 PM

I cut my facrory leeches off the first day and had them put on sims as my last bowtech flung them off pronto. I just put on some whicskers last night and holy smokes......that thing is the quitest bow I have ever seen now.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buck442, which bow are shooting?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

FWIW, I shot with the XT and was impressed, his was smooth and quiet, drew easier than mine, but at a price of 16fps (He- 259, I-275). Same draw length & draw weight- he did have a new magnesium peep on his string with a nock & an e-button. I only had the loop.
Both about equally loud (quiet) but making different sounds, his went Bzzz up top (maybe his sight& or drop zone?), mine went thump due to the STS.

BOTH would be quieter without the dropzones making noise IMHO.

Anyhow after shooting hisI was convinced mine could be quieter than it currently was. It wasn't until today while I was practicing shooting from inside a ground blindthat my bow sounded LOUD (acting like an enclosed sound chamber). So I went and zip tied on a bass skirt up top just for a quick- wherewill it get me shot. Sure enough a lot quieter from inside the blind. So I pressed it down and inserted a string leach into the top of the string (after removing the temporary skirt).
Now she ismuch quieter than before.
I'm not sure how long it'll last, but I'm hoping with the STS involved she'll stay a while.
I chronied to see what I lost or gained and it stayed the same 382 grains (that's the arrow I grabbed- each are weighed and the # written on a vane) - 275fps, 61#pull @ 29", smooth mods. 64 ft-lbs of Energy ,not too shabby
After shooting the XT, I have no regrets- but will also give the XT it's due- Mathews scored big with that one in the smooth department.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:03 AM

I just happen to be in the market for something to put on my string and you all have (or mostly) talked me into the one and only cat whisker. Does it matter if I cut them real short? I just don't like the way they look, but if they work that well then so be it.

Quick Reply: ? for Bowtech shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.