Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow Wrapping?? >

Arrow Wrapping??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Wrapping??

Old 05-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Banned

Default RE: Arrow Wrapping??

Wraps make the arrows more visible for seeing arrow impact on game and they make them easier to find after a shot. You can make wraps for free by going to a vinyl sign maker and getting their scrap 3M vinyl. I have a buddy that runs a pro shop and after I told him about what I do and he said he had been buying bulk sign maker 3M vinyl for years. Use a paper cutter and cut them 6'' long by 1'' wide. I found some cool muzzy wraps with flames for $4.99 for a dozen the other day that I had to have. I will be damned though if I will give $1.00 a piece for them like most cost.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:55 PM

This is why I wrap mine.....

Old 05-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

Pretty cool..your name on them even..nice touch buddy
Old 05-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Those are pretty! [8D]

Been tempted to put names on mine, (but not my ownfor various reason's). Every year there are those who want to tell me what kind of animal is exceptable to shoot or worse yet that I shouldn't shoot any. Would like to put their names on a shaft and take one of the forbidden ones in their honor and send them a pick with warm regards.So far I've been able to keep that idea safetly where it belongs.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:19 AM
Banned

LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 09:24 AM

You know guys, I built that darn crestor and don't even know why. I couldn't get the fletchings to stick to the arrow without coming off and then messing up the paint.

These wraps seem to be easier to use and I like their designs.

Bionicrooster: So you can just soak the arrow and the wrap should come off fletches and all? Can't beat that.

Mobow: Did you order those wraps from bowmanhunter.com I like the blue and white pattern. They look very nice!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:18 PM

duc, yes, I that is where I got them. Specifically, they are traditional crested wraps, blue fade w/ bright gold accent. The bright gold is $1 per dozen more, but looks sooooooo much better than the duller golds he has. Check out his website, and on ebay. www.bowmanhunter.com If you have an idea in mind of something you would like, email him. He'll make anything you want. He's great to work with.

Personally, I don't think they look as good as the handcrested jobs, but they are more practical, IMO. I mean, who wants to mess up a gorgeous paint job when the rip a feather off and have to refletch? Yeah, cresting is a tad lighter, and a tad less expensive. But as far as practicality is concerned, I'll stick w/ my wraps.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM

I looked on his sight but didn't see the ones that you had. I just see mainly solid colors. So you can send him an image and he will wrap it. That seems pretty neat!

Thanks Donnie,

Donnie

Old 05-26-2006, 04:28 PM

LOL.....that Donnie Donnie thing is gonna confuse me yet....

He is updating his website, slowly I might add. He does make them though. I've ordered several dozen. Check him out on ebay as well. Like I said, just shoot him an email and get the ball rollin.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 PM

Will do.

Appreciate it bro!