Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bearings

Old 05-07-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Bearings

I have had two sets of bearings go out on my compound in a month (shooting maybe 1000 shots in that time frame). Of course they don't have roller bearings, they have crappy ball bearings.

So I look for better bearings, which cannot really be found. Then I get to thinking, what is the bearing doing anyway? The axle is not pressed into the cam, so the bearing is not even working. It's acting like a bushing. So I get some bronze, mill out a solid peice for my cams.

I got another set of bearings to put into the bow, and shot it over the speed meter at 290. Changed the bearings out to the bushings, and shot it through the chrono at 290. Another marketing gimmick by the bow companies.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bearings

Hmm, there's something to ponder.
Pics to support your theory would sure had been nice for me too look at, did you take any?

Not to change the subject, but I'm not sure there are any bushings on my Binary cammed Tribute, the limb to cam clearence on those babies are TIGHT, I doubt you could slide a buisnees card in there. I wonder if they are actually rolling on the bearings on those cams?
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Ewolf see if you can read the numbers on the bearings and post. A freind works in a bearing store maybe he can find some thing in that size, but in needle bearings. Rich
Old 05-08-2006, 05:56 PM

DaveC I pressed the bearings out and replace with a solid piece of bronze with a hole for the axle. I wll try and get the numbers off of the bearings once I get back in town.