Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 arrow placement on target >

arrow placement on target

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow placement on target

Old 04-12-2006, 01:07 PM

Default RE: arrow placement on target

Exactly what Bob said.....

I suspect you are way weak in spine....
Old 04-12-2006, 01:28 PM

wel after some more shooting and thinking, i am sure the B/H's are to big and heavy to start,so going to get some new B/H's to night and start there.like i said a friend has the exact set up tunned by the same guy,only difference is the B/H's he used some lighter smaller open on impact B/H's and he is dead on at 30 yards with both f/p's and b/h's.may not be the only problem but i am sure its a problem.thanks for all the info it helped me learn some new things if nothing else.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mudd_dawg
i said a friend has the exact set up tunned by the same guy
I would learn to tune the bow yourself...not that difficult. You can't rely on someone else to tune your equipment.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

wel after some more shooting and thinking, i am sure the B/H's are to big and heavy to start,so going to get some new B/H's to night and start there.like i said a friend has the exact set up tunned by the same guy,only difference is the B/H's he used some lighter smaller open on impact B/H's and he is dead on at 30 yards with both f/p's and b/h's.may not be the only problem but i am sure its a problem.thanks for all the info it helped me learn some new things if nothing else.
If heshoots lighter mechanicals,and you areshooting heavier fixed blades, things are far from identical. Shooting mechsis only masking a problem and your bow isn't tuned as well as it should be. Have you moved your rest atall like the tuning guidesays?Unless you are severely underspined, adjusting the rest should do the trick. If you are underspined I'd still try and go with the same styleheads just lighter, before I'd completely switch to mechs.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that you should learn to tune it yourself.
Bareshaft, or walkback, and then with broadheads.

You can only be guaranteed that the bow is truly tuned for you when you are the one shooting it. If you want someone else to precisely tune it for you, then you need to be shooting it, and he needsto stay with you throughout the session to tweak it between groups. If he thinks he can get a precise tune at an indoor 20 yard range, find someone else.

You should be able to get your bareshafts and fletched arrows hitting the same point out to 40 yards. Your groups will be bigger than at 20 yards, but they should center in the same spot and be the same size. Then shoot fletched field pointed arrows against fletched broadhead tipped arrows. You should have the same result.

You'll see a BIG difference when you finally get it dialed in. Then you'll be spoiled and always want ti perfect.