Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching

Old 03-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: fletching

feathers. i used to think guys using them were nuts on new arrows. then i tried them instantly shot better faster and in a way they are more durable. they will wear and youll shoot pieces out of them but as long as half of it is there i still shoot them acurately. vanes no matter what type are no good once they get wrinkles or holes from field tips or slices from broadheads. ill never go back and ive swithced all my shooting buddies to them.

if you really want vanes though id recomend the broadhead Blazers. just watch out for someone trying to sell you the regular ones there is a difference but i really dont know if they still make the regular ones. the broad head ones have a high profile to them.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fletching

ORIGINAL: Jason Williams

I'm trying to decide whether to get the 2" Blazer vanes or the Quick Spins. Any suggestions.
Personally, I'd got with the Blazer's or switch over to feathers. 3 feathers probably weigh about the same as 1 plastic vane.