Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Illuminite

Old 03-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Illuminite

I have some Illuminite coated carbon shafts drying. This is strange stuff. Looks like a dull creamy beige color ,but when you turn off the lights it glows like a black light. Supposed last for 6 to 8 hours!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:29 PM

Default RE: Illuminite

The shaft on the bottom is the illuminite.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:54 PM

At night , no flash total darkness

Old 03-15-2006, 07:26 PM

that is cool. where do i get some?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:44 PM

Gibblet,
I bought it at the local autozone. Not really sure how it interacts with carbon. I lightly sanded it and painted a base coat of white linen automotive paint. Then I painted the illuminite. I still want a top coat of some type of clear sealer so if anybody has ideas I am open to suggestions. The paint adds to the weight so I think the finished shaft will be around 650 grains with 19% FOC. 150 grain snuffers with T4 turbonocks and 4 inch full helical feathers. I plan on using them to hunt pigs at night. Can't wait until your strings get here