Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Custom String Length Question >

Custom String Length Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Custom String Length Question

Old 02-24-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Custom String Length Question

Since I have modified my bow cam timing by adding twists to cables, thus making it shorter; when I go to order a custom string and cablesdo I give them the stock length of string and cables on bow placard, or do I give them my modified cable and string length?

Right now my stock cables have too many twists in them, but the cams are right where I want them. I know for a fact I don't want to go any shorter, so maybe something in between is the right answer. Any ideas?[&:]
Old 02-24-2006, 09:49 PM

Default RE: Custom String Length Question

i'm not sure how others would ask you to do it, but the jig i lay them out on and tie the endsoff on has 5/16" posts. when i'm finished serving and put them back on the jig for final tweak (adding a few twists to get to as exact a length as i'm able, i pull the arm to about 25lbs of tension. the measurement is from the inside of the farthest point loop to loop. so the loops are included in the measurement, but its taken from inside the loop, not outside. wow, hard to explain. basically if you stuck 2 16 penny nails side by side and put1 loop around them, pulled the cable taut, and put the other loop around 2 16 penny nails (soboth sets of nails were allignedperpindicular to the string), then hooked your tape around 1 set of nails and measured to the farthest edge of the other nails you'd have it.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey gibby my string is <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> long

Can you make me one

Plus can you ship it out to me last weekI sentthe MO next week

Sorry folks this is an inside joke
Old 02-27-2006, 11:39 AM

Take them off and measure them. The standard measuring method is on 1/4" posts and under 100# of tension. Measure from the outside of the posts.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:10 PM

lordy rob you sure explained that easy, can i quote you?