Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 elite archery cams >

elite archery cams

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

elite archery cams

Old 02-20-2006, 02:18 PM

Default elite archery cams

are these the same binary cams as bowtech. i noticed on there web page three different type of cams--mathews,hoyt and bowtech are these a option or are these for those types already on the market to change to.what does it mean they will add 5 to 15 fps. i know the have the smooth and fast mods. anyone got a idea.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:57 PM

Default RE: elite archery cams

The after market cams for Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt will be model specific. There will be no need to change your strings or cables. They are suppose to add speed. The only ones I would be interested in would be the Mathews if I was a Mathews shooter. It would give you a Mathews with a modular adjustment of draw. Remember if you add these you will void your warrenty.
The cams on their bows look almost identical to Bowtechs binarys. The thing I think Elite has going for them is laminated Barnsdale limbs. That is a place where Bowtech decide to scrimp and save some money.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 PM

"what does it mean they will add 5 to 15fps." I would think you would need a more aggressive cam to get the speed. The modular draw length would be an advantage over a draw length specific cam, but I can't see spending the $ for a maybe 5 to 15 fps.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:50 PM

i wonder what type of cam my ross has on it.for i know alot of manufactures use someone else cams.