Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite Archery

Old 08-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Elite Archery

Has anyone shot the e-500 or the eforce? If so howd they shoot.And how much do they run? Im thinking Ross or Elite for my new bow,(im not getting it until next year, well im selling my bow after bow season and im gonna start saving.Its either the Ross cr331 or Elite E Force or E-500. Unfortunately i dont have either of the dealers close but ive got until next year so. Opinion on these bows and which one do you like the best?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Elite Archery

Elite's are absolutely....well.......they make me speachless. They are so fast, so smooth, and simply the quietest bow I've ever shot. I've shot the E Force, E500, and the Energy. Personally, I like the E500 best. The E500 and the E Force run around $650, and the Energy is about a hundred less. Very, very nice bows.

The only bad thing I can say about them is the cam. To get the speed, they use a very aggresive cam. They load up front, and the wall is rock solid. Don't creep though....you won't be able to stop it.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think i saw a post saying the got it for 500 something

Old 08-09-2006, 07:20 AM

The only bad thing I can say about them is the cam. To get the speed, they use a very aggresive cam. They load up front, and the wall is rock solid. Don't creep though....you won't be able to stop it.
Well................they can't use that cam anymore......and must redesign there entire line.........

So maybe you will like Kates solo cam better..........
Old 08-09-2006, 07:29 AM

probably will. they haven't made anything better than the bows he designed anyway.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot the Elite as well, quite an impressive rig. they so FAST!!! The cam does stack early, but the backwall is rock solid. Definitely should be a top choice for a new bow, and their camo is the best on the market right nowl.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those two choices are pretty far apart in terms of concept and performance. As already said the Elite is a "speed" bow and it sounds like it does not have a very flexible valley. The Ross is highly praised for being shootable and smooth which is more important when hanging from a tree. I wouldn't buy either without actually testing them to see if you like the feel of them. If you want to split the difference in speed vs smooth check out a Switchback or Tribute also.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought an E-500 over a month ago from ELITE and can't believe it's this companies first year in production!Yes,they are designed by the former bowtech designing genius Kevin Strothers(that's why the bows are so similar)Elites come factory with Barnsdale limbs and Winners choice strings,three different speed module options EZ,SPEED,SUPER SPEED[:-].I have the medium mods on mine and like the feel a little more each time i shoot it!The bow was delivered to my door about a week and a half after i called Elite and ordered it!I talked with Donna and she gave me the low down on what they had on hand that i could order and get right away.She tells me they still have some blemmished finish risers on some and could knock off $70.00.I told her that would be just fine with me--i'll take it!When the bow arrived soooo quickly i was very impressed as i've only been hearing people complain about delivery times being pushed back( no one wants to wait!).I open the box and "go looking" for these "blemmishes".I still don't understand why they said it was a blem bow,because i can't find anything wrong with the finish.Then i got her set-up and went out to shoot--these bows WILL SELL THEMSELVES when the customer shoots 'em!Mine is shooting a 350 gr arrow at [email protected]#'s and 30" draw!I could shoot this bow all day long,it's fun to enjoy success with great equipment right out of the box.Anyone that gets the chance to shoot one--What have you got to lose?Shoot 'em and see what all the hype is about.FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS FOR ME!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ttt
Old 08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

well the reason they are far apart is because im not sure if i want a speed bow or a smooth bow, if ross would pick up 10-15 fps thats my choice for sure

Quick Reply: Elite Archery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.