Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 should bowtech pay? >

should bowtech pay?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

should bowtech pay?

Old 02-13-2006, 01:00 PM

Default should bowtech pay?

I have an 2005 allegiance and had a limb split.My dealer says that it's gonna cost me to have them replaced.My question is this:why should i have to pay my dealer to replace faulty equipment thatbowtech sold??I feel thatbowtech should have to pay not me[:@].After allwhen my car got recalled the dealer fixed it for free.Seems to me that this is the same thing or am i wrong?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: should bowtech pay?

If you are the original owner the limb will be covered under warranty.

If you brought the bow second hand then you have no warranty thus you pay.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:36 PM

I am sorry.I am the original owner and he did tell me that the limbs are covered and i would not have to pay for them,but he did say i would have to pay his labor.I still think Bowtech should be liable for all costs involved.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:40 PM

No bow companies that I know of reimburse the dealer for labor. It sucks, but that's just the way it works. Some dealers won't charge for labor if you purchased the bow from them though. I had a set of limbs replaced and the bowshop charged me $15.00.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:00 PM

well thats not too bad,i can deal with that.I was just hoping not to be paying like 100.00 bucks or so.You see i am fiscally challenged.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

I would just box the bow up and send it to Bowtech. The shipping cost would probably be the same or less than the labor costs. Bowtech will fix it, tune it (I mean as in cam timing, etc.) and send it back to you, with the return shipping on them and quick turn around to boot.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:12 PM

if you bought the bow from them, i think it stinks. i understand they aren't obligated to do it for you, but you're also not obligated to ever buy anything there again. if you purchase limbs on you own, and take them down there - sure, charge you, but not on a warranty issue.

did you buy the bow there? its a good chance the shop improperly pressed it. its also a good chance they just cracked and there wasn't anything you could do about it.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

The shops in my area will not charge a customer labor for replacing limbs under warranty IF the bow was bought at that shop. For a non-warranty item yes.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I paid $15.00 to have my Mathews limbs swapped out at a different shop than I originally purchased from.

I also has my Bowtechs limbs swapped out for free also at a different shop thanI originally purchased from.This shop alsoswapped out my Mathews idler wheel free of chargeas a waranty item.

I think itsays a lot about a shop to stand begind the product and merchandise they sell.