" />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trykon

Old 02-06-2006, 06:48 PM

Default trykon

I'm thinking about buying the trykon xl for a target bow. any advice good or bad would help alot. thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 07:01 PM

Default RE: trykon

Well i have the trykon. i got it for hunting but do alot of 3-d target shooting with it. i have shot around 600 arrrows thur it and love it. i have heard one or two people talking on here about trouble with cams and strings but have not had any trouble with mine as of yet and do not expect to
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM

While the Trykon makes for a great hunting and 3D bow, it probably wouldn't make the cut for top target bows.

Though it has a generous brace height, the axle to axle lenght is fairly short compared to other bows designed more for a target aspect.

If you are going to buy a bow strictly for target and like Hoyt bows, I would take a look at the Ultra Tec or Pro Tec models. If you are looking to spend some serious cash then you move up into the Ultra Elite and Pro Elite models.

If you are looking for an all around performing bow (Hunting, 3D, Target bow), the Trykon will keep up with the best of them. It could be used as a target bow andbe able to shoot greatrounds,but that isn't really what it was designed to do. If you want the bow to help you out as much as possible, lookinto the longer ATA,longer brace height bows.

If you hunt more than you shoot 3D and target, I would look into the Trykon. If you like shooting 3D and target more so than hunting, I would definately look at something else Hoyt has to offer.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:19 PM

I have a XL and love it.The 36" a-t-a is very forgiving.Shoots flat and fast.Cant go wrong.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 PM

Love my Trykon just got it friday. Super smooth.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Bols

While the Trykon makes for a great hunting and 3D bow, it probably wouldn't make the cut for top target bows.

Though it has a generous brace height, the axle to axle lenght is fairly short compared to other bows designed more for a target aspect.

If you are going to buy a bow strictly for target and like Hoyt bows, I would take a look at the Ultra Tec or Pro Tec models. If you are looking to spend some serious cash then you move up into the Ultra Elite and Pro Elite models.

If you are looking for an all around performing bow (Hunting, 3D, Target bow), the Trykon will keep up with the best of them. It could be used as a target bow and be able to shoot great rounds, but that isn't really what it was designed to do. If you want the bow to help you out as much as possible, look into the longer ATA, longer brace height bows.

If you hunt more than you shoot 3D and target, I would look into the Trykon. If you like shooting 3D and target more so than hunting, I would definately look at something else Hoyt has to offer.

Not to offend you, but I prefer my Trykon XL to my UltraTec. I am competing tommorrow for a 6 weeks accumulative competition. I have been using my Trykon XL for almost 3 weeks now, from 25 yards to 60 yards for 3 spot or 1 spot targets, and I have been thoroughly pleased. I would offer the complete opposite to all what Bols said about having the Trykon or Trykon XL not be target bows, as I would include the Trykon pair for 3D, target, and hunting. JMHO.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

I used to believe that longer a-to-a was more forgiving for the target shooting pinpoint accuracy. But I think I've proved myself possibly wrong.

I've cleaned more 60X games with my 35" hunting bow than I have with my longer (41") target bow. I think that getting the perfect DL, finding a grip that agrees with your form, finding a good balance of weight distribution you like, etc... has more of a factor than a couple of extra inches of axle length.

Don't know if I would want anything shorter than around 35" for target due to the string angle and how it works with achor points and alignment checks. But I've learned that if I find a bow that just plain WORKS well for me, I'm not worried about how long or short it is.

just my opinion.....