HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - trykon
Thread: trykon
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Bols

Default RE: trykon

While the Trykon makes for a great hunting and 3D bow, it probably wouldn't make the cut for top target bows.

Though it has a generous brace height, the axle to axle lenght is fairly short compared to other bows designed more for a target aspect.

If you are going to buy a bow strictly for target and like Hoyt bows, I would take a look at the Ultra Tec or Pro Tec models. If you are looking to spend some serious cash then you move up into the Ultra Elite and Pro Elite models.

If you are looking for an all around performing bow (Hunting, 3D, Target bow), the Trykon will keep up with the best of them. It could be used as a target bow andbe able to shoot greatrounds,but that isn't really what it was designed to do. If you want the bow to help you out as much as possible, lookinto the longer ATA,longer brace height bows.

If you hunt more than you shoot 3D and target, I would look into the Trykon. If you like shooting 3D and target more so than hunting, I would definately look at something else Hoyt has to offer.