Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech vs mathews >

bowtech vs mathews

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech vs mathews

Old 01-20-2006, 04:52 AM

Default RE: bowtech vs mathews

Mildot,

First, point me to the research that proves your 'fact'. Guess what, you won't be able to, because it's an opinion. 'best technology'? Best for what? 'best' is too broad and subjective a term. Nothing could prove such a nebulous comment.

Second, take the most advanced weapon in the world, and choose a target that is out of range or beyond your abilities and gues what, you won't be taking that animal home. On the other hand, take the world's most primitive weapon and become efficient with it, use it only within your effective range, and you'll be eating good that night. Ethical hunting has nothing, repeat, absolutely nothing to do with the weapon of choice. It has to do with the choices we make while hunting.

Old 01-20-2006, 06:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Straightarrow

Mildot,

First, point me to the research that proves your 'fact'. Guess what, you won't be able to, because it's an opinion. 'best technology'? Best for what? 'best' is too broad and subjective a term. Nothing could prove such a nebulous comment.

Second, take the most advanced weapon in the world, and choose a target that is out of range or beyond your abilities and gues what, you won't be taking that animal home. On the other hand, take the world's most primitive weapon and become efficient with it, use it only within your effective range, and you'll be eating good that night. Ethical hunting has nothing, repeat, absolutely nothing to do with the weapon of choice. It has to do with the choices we make while hunting.

Very true!If we don't know what our limitations are we have know buissness in the woods!!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 10:26 AM

WOW! You guys have been busy since I have been gone. Let's see from the last time I was logged on I have been called an a-hole, immature, told that I don't have any common sence and that I need to open my eyes. You guys can do way better than this, can't you?The sources that these comments come from are really starting to take there toll on me.

Look at the subject line of this post....it was set up to fail from the start. I have seen numerous posts like these that always end up in a confrontation. So far it's been quite a show. Especially when you see a guy like D. Parsons jump up and say....Ya, what he said. HA! Parsons...looks like you have a new mentor to follow behind. He can make all your posts for you and you can be his little mini me and you can keep poppingout and saying....Ya, what he said.

Posts with titles such as these are nothing but a good place to drag out all the hard headed Mattews fans. Thanks for the entertainment. It was my pleasure to make a bunch of confrontational comments to see who would take the bait. I guess if I can only learn to ethically lay the bait down at the base of this tree in my hunting area, I can train an animal to eat there everyday to get him close enough to shoot him with my recurve. Ya that's ethical hunting becausethe deer is now within my range for my out dated device. Can't wait to tell all my friends that I was a great white hunter.

This brings us to anotherhot topic...you guysthat bait your deer and shoot them, do you really call that hunting onyour side of the U.S.?Mmmmmmmmmmmm....I guess if I was shooting a Mattews bow that has cheap strings thatquickly go out of tune andwould beoperated by people who don't have a clue how to keep it in tune, I would need to bait my deer also; and yousay that better technology isn't better...go ahead keep shooting a bow that goes out of tune faster than you can train your deer to eat your bait.

I'llsumup mylittle love letterby saying... 1) yes the binary cam systemstays in tune and is much better than all previously engineered cams on the market. 2) Recurves don't belong in the field (what are you guys trying to prove) they belong on the target range and 3) baiting deer is a joke and in my opened eyes will never be considered in any form of hunting I do. Should I bring up a good topic of bait fisherman vs. fly fisherman to top of this conversation? Barbed hooks vs. unbarbed hooks...The list goes on and on.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:54 PM

wow, you act like you shoot a merlin. have you ever owned a merlin? this kind of thing gives the thing you like a bad name. i like to tease mathews guys, but its all in good fun. andwhat's that saying about you and the horse you rode in on?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:40 AM

alot of mental masturbation...
Old 01-21-2006, 03:45 PM

Look at the subject line of this post....it was set up to fail from the start. I have seen numerous posts like these that always end up in a confrontation. So far it's been quite a show. Especially when you see a guy like D. Parsons jump up and say....Ya, what he said. HA! Parsons...looks like you have a new mentor to follow behind. He can make all your posts for you and you can be his little mini me and you can keep poppingout and saying....Ya, what he said.

[/quote]
I dont know what your problem is bud but you are obsessed with having confrontations! I am not on this fourm to argue about what bow is the best.I have been hunting for 26 yrs and dont need anyone to follow behind, unlike pepole like you that have nothing better to do but try to bash smoebody for there opinon.You need to get a Life! Lighten up this is not going to start a war.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:21 PM

If I were choosing betweeen Bowtech and Mathews, it would have to be Bowtech because they raise money for the military. I don't know if Mathews does, because they don't advertise it. "Bowtech dedicates the Tribute to the men and women of the United States military, donating a portion of each bow sale to an organization that supports families who have lost a loved one in the armed forces." I am in the military and Bowtech helps out my fellow soldier.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:47 PM

That is GREAT!!! I did not know that.
Thanks.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:13 AM

Ok, not all bowtechs are flawless. I have both and both make good bows. Long story short is Less problems with Mathews, but more speed with Bowtech. Depends on what is more important to you.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rush creek

ok, i have a question to of the botech shooters. it seems to me that the bow to compare to the mathews switchback or switchback xt is the bowtech tribute. what is the speed difference, hand buzz, ect.
biggest diff. is in the draw stop. DEFINITLEY. There is a lot of move at full draw with the mathews as opposed to the bowtech. That's the biggest diff. Overall they're both great bows.

Quick Reply: bowtech vs mathews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.