Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech vs mathews >

bowtech vs mathews

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech vs mathews

Old 01-19-2006, 02:56 PM

Default RE: bowtech vs mathews

Why stop at a .300 mag...let's just shoot it with a 50 cal sniper rifle from 1200 yards. After all the 50 cal has way more KE than the .300 mag. Hey, I like your way of thinking Mr. BJ...I think I will start hunting with my 50 cal next season. The 750 grain match point from Hornady would be the ticket.

Sorry some are feeling a little uptight...I'm sure it must be real tough knowing you just spent several hundred dollars on a new bow, only to find out that the BowTechs are better. I would be angry also.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

Why stop at a .300 mag...let's just shoot it with a 50 cal sniper rifle from 1200 yards. After all the 50 cal has way more KE than the .300 mag. Hey, I like your way of thinking Mr. BJ...I think I will start hunting with my 50 cal next season. The 750 grain match point from Hornady would be the ticket.
MilDotMaster,

My point exactly, thanks for making it.You will always be able to find something bigger, better or more technological. Just because other bows don't have the technology that the Bowtechs do, does not mean they are inferior nor does it mean they won't dispatch deer JUST as good and JUST as ethical.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:15 PM

There are two extremes, the 50 cal and the recurve...that was my point. I think you missed it with all my sarcasm.There is a balance in there and depending on how deep you want to look, you will find better technology in some brands as compared to others. Oh have I mentioned lately that the binary cam system is the best.So much fun...lade da!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:43 PM

mildot;
lets see ...let me open a mag. and see who has won more 3-D shoots in 2005. yeap just as i thought it wasn't bowtech.
2005 3-D
MATHEWS WON 33....ALL OTHERS 11
TOP3 MATHEWS 104 .....ALL OTHERS 28
TOP5 MATHEWS 177....ALL OTHERS 43
TOP10 MATHEWS 357....ALL OTHERS 83

NOW YOU TRY TO CONVINCE ME THAT "BOWTECH" IS BETTER OR HAS A BETTER CAM SYSTEM. BECAUSE YOU SURE CAN'T PROVE IT BY SHOOTING ONE!
NEXT![:-]
Old 01-19-2006, 04:24 PM

Manboy,

It's all about priorities with Marketing. You can spend your 2.5 million buying bigger building andmore equipment to keep up with the demand of the best bows on the market, or you can be a company with less demand for their brand of bows and spend your 2.5 million training a bunch of pretty boys to travel around the country shooting at targets all day.

I'm sure BowTech knows what they are doing. Once they get their fortress built, they will have time to play games and show off there bows in competition. Work first then play. Didn't your mom teach you anything?

Here ya go:

2.5 Million Dollar Expansion to Begin Immediately:

BowTech's CEO and President John Strasheim announced a $2.5 million expansion to the corporate facilities located in Eugene, Oregon.Construction begins immediately on a 15,000-Sq.-Ft. addition to the manufacturing building which will house new horizontal machining centers valued at over $2,000,000. "The ability to mill our machined components in-house will have an immediate impact," stated Strasheim. "We will be more effective and more efficient. The increased control, combined with less reliance on outsourcing, will enable us to respond to dealer needs at a moment's notice."The second phase involves a 9,500-Sq. Ft. extension and remodel of the existing BowTech Factory Pro Shop. In addition to 3,800 remodeled Sq. Ft. of retail space, the new pro shop will feature a TechnoHuntª all-digital interactive archery simulator, a meeting/training center for upcoming BowTech Dealer Universities, local archery club meetings, and hunter safety and other specialty classes (GPS use, etc). The focal point will be a 30-yard indoor range with automatic pop-up and retractable 3D targets and a second-story loft for elevated shooting.General Manager, Dewayne Tiller, added "It is our goal to have the finest pro shop in the world. Our state-of-the-art expansion will be another step toward that goal, and will allow us the opportunity to share proven merchandising and marketing programs with our dealers."BowTech manufactures and distributes the world's finest compound bows and archery equipment. Founded in 1999, BowTech's corporate offices and manufacturing facilities are located on the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon. Today, BowTech divisions include WaterDog Surface Technologies formed in December 2003 and Diamond Archery acquired in September 2004.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:33 PM

hey, i saw this little african dude hunt down a kudu for 8 hours on foot - bare feet to be exact, and take it with a spear. the animal was so tired it surrendered to him, it was a very beautiful thing, one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen in my life. he took the thing in his arms after killing it and held its head like a baby. he said a prayer and asked its spirit to return and spread some fine dirt over it in some sort of ceremony. it was such a beautiful moment i cried. the animal just surrendered, and he fed his family.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

I guess that is why Bowtech is overpriced...to pay for their new complex and actually bring things inhouse that they currently outsource, probably to Mathews.

Listen, there are a lot of great bows out on the market, Bowtech included. I was just trying to getyou fired up a bit because of your lack of common sense.

You're an @sshole...I mean, opinions are just like @ssholes, everybody has one.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion if you are dropping in the neighborhood of $800-$900 for a bow then the darn thing better be able to kill a deer at 30 yards in the hands of the average shooter.

I personally shoot a Switchback, because I liked it better. I'm not going to knock Bowtech and their products since I was think they are still of top end quality.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:55 PM

[&:] MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY! [&:]
Old 01-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mildot, your comments saying, implying, or whatever that using a recurve is archaic is immature. Many traditional archers kill big game. Even with new technology an archer must learn his limitations.

That being said, I have shot and researched a lot of bows recently. For me it came down to a Mathews Switchback or Bowtech Patriot. I liked the feel of the old infinity cam better and found a good deal on a brand new 2005 Patriot, sooooooo I am now a proud owner of the Patriot. I will be honest and state that it wasn't because I thought the Bowtech was better, it just felt good to me in my hands. I will also go on to say that if I take on a couple of extra jobs this summer, I will most likely save up and buy a Mathews Switchback.......in my opinion their best bow ever.

Quick Reply: bowtech vs mathews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.