Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS

Old 01-17-2006, 06:25 PM

Default STS

wondering if anyone had any experience with it, if it worked and where i could find it online,i couldnt find it in any of my favorites. thanks

[/align]
Old 01-17-2006, 06:48 PM

Default RE: STS

If you want one you can go to stsarchery.com As soon as i get my double rear mount for my Allegiance i will be doing some testing at Macrotech with Len.We are gonna set up adb meter to see just how effective these really are,and will post results.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

If you want one you can go to stsarchery.com As soon as i get my double rear mount for my Allegiance i will be doing some testing at Macrotech with Len.We are gonna set up adb meter to see just how effective these really are,and will post results.
That would be great. Let me know what you find. Thinking about taking the leetches off. Maybe do a test with leetches and sts and just sts.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:14 PM

I plan on doing the full monte.As my bow stands right now i have leeches on the strings and cables and two sets of limb savers.I will do a test as is with a chronograh reading just to see what i am shhoting before.then i would like to take off a set of leaches at a time to get a db reading and a chronogragh reading to see where i am going.Finally take a reading with bare string and cables to see if the reduction in sound"if there is one" is worth the cost.If i can't gain any speed without allmy leeches gone and achieve the same level of quietness i have now it goes back.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:02 PM

Sounds sweet newman1 let know what you find
Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's another request to make sure you keep those results pinned near the top until I get a chance to see them!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

I put an STS on my Mathews Q2XL last August and was very pleased with how the bow quieted down - sweet...

-fsh

Old 01-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

my hoyt was very quiet before, and since the sts, I cannot believe how loud it use to be. I like it alot.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I put an STS on my 3D bow for a couple specific reasons……….

1. I don’t want to rob beneficial 3D arrow speed by adding string silencers to eliminate vibration and twang.
Different noise or a pop doesn’t mean a hill of beans but strong vibration does.

2. I like the idea , at least in theory, that the arrow gets off the string earlier (and maybe cleaner) in the forward travel of the string at the shot.

I don’t care if makes my bow whisper quiet, just eliminate the hard bare string vibration first and foremost, and maybe get the arrow off the string a little quicker and cleaner.

I know it accomplishes #1, if it does number 2, bonus.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're right, Matt -- in theory, that's exactly what's supposed to happen.

I went and pulled one of my answers to someone else who asked about the same thing, and this was what I wrote on another thread:

"Actually, some peopleexperience an increase in speed by using an STS. It has to do with the fact that after reaching brace (straight up and down), the string is actually slowing down as it goes further past. If a nock is somewhat tight, the string in effect "holds on" to the arrow, and robs it of a few feet per second. With the STS stopping the string right at brace, that doesn't happen."

I know you obviously know that, but thought an explanation behind what you were talking about might help someone else...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.