Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bent lower axle on a Trykon? >

Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

Old 01-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Spike

Default RE: Bent lower axle on a Trykon?

Is the cable wear only on the Trykon or is it also on the Trykon XL?
Old 01-06-2006, 10:27 AM

i was wondering if yours strings does this
Old 01-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Well, luckily I haven't seen that much amount of wear yet in my cables and servings.

But that is what I hear the angle of the lower cam is doing to them.

I also only have about 300 shots on my bow. How many do you think you have?

I have been talking to gibblet, we are trying to find out answers.

I am sure my bow will end up looking like yours before next fall.

I would imagine the Trykon XL would have the same angle in the cam, anyone else back me up on this?

Hoytman, sent me a pm if you would like.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:42 AM

I HAVE SHOT AROUND150 TO200 ARROWS. I THINK I AM GOING TO TAKE IT TO THE PROSHOP WERE I GOT IT AND SEE WHAT THEY THINK
Old 01-06-2006, 10:45 AM

Yep, tell me you have been talking to others as well and see what they have been told from Hoyt, or, better yet, maybe they will take your issues straight to Hoyt and they can figure out what to do about it.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:27 PM

I don't think cam lean really has anything to do with this problem of the serving seperating. If you mark, or better yet have someone else draw your bow for you, and watch the place where you see the serving seperation you will notice it is right over the sharp lobe of the cam. I remember first seeing this problem with the introduction of the "hatchet" cams where the serving would seperate on both the cable and string, although usually more noticabley on the string, right on the sharp lobe, or the "hatchet" part of the cam. We tried our hardest to get servings to stay together and in the end gave up with nothing coming of it.

I'd venture to guess that a good majority of todays faster bows have some sort of serving seperation if one looks closely. The reason it is so noticeable on the Trykon is the orange string under black serving. It sort of sticks out like a sore thumb.

Although cam lean isn't something that we want I'd highly doubt you'll find many bows on the store shelfs today that don't have cam lean to some extent. Unless, of course, they were tweaked. Every bow is going to be unique itself in its cam lean and nearly all can have this problem fixed. Its going to depend more on whether or not it is bad enough to affect _your_ shooting or if the cost of doing so vs gain is worth it to you. Next time you go to your shop either eyeball or put an arrow against the cams or all the bows on the shelf and see how they line up. I think you'll be amazed at how much some really lean as well how each bow is unique in itself. Even 3 identical bows can have dramatic differences in cam lean.

In conclusion, I doubt that cam lean has anything to do with this serving seperation. I don't think (although would love to be wrong) new cables/strings will guarantee to fix this. And its unlikely this is going to cause you any problems in the future unless your seeing fraying or wear at this location.

Let it begin....

Lance