Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

release ropes

Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM

Default release ropes

I've noticed on some releases there are "release ropes" on the jaws. what are these for? If you get a release with one on it, do you have to use it?

what do you think of the BK Carter Release? I found one but don't know if it has the release rope on it. In the guys pic, one is not shown.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:03 PM

Default RE: release ropes

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=REL1802602

there is another with a rope

whatdoes "Backtension" mean?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:13 PM

while i could completely explain everything, i won't. maybe you could get someone you haven't insulted after they tried to help you explain it to you. good luck with that.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:15 PM

[while i could completely explain everything, i won't. maybe you could get someone you haven't insulted after they tried to help you explain it to you. good luck with that.

So....why did you even reply? I don't remember you helping me. I think its best you just not reply on my threads and I'll stay away from yours. Like you said you didn't want anymore PMs, so no more thread jacking either.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:10 PM

Back to my original questions

I've noticed on some releases there are "release ropes" on the jaws. what are these for? If you get a release with one on it, do you have to use it?

what do you think of the BK Carter Release? I found one but don't know if it has the release rope on it. In the guys pic, one is not shown.

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=REL1802602

there is another with a rope

whatdoes "Backtension" mean?

Old 01-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gibblet

while i could completely explain everything, i won't. maybe you could get someone you haven't insulted after they tried to help you explain it to you. good luck with that.
Thats pretty funny.

Hey utmstudent, if you rock the boat too much in this forum, you will not get any help. I suggest try not to make too many enemies. By the way, the rope goes on your string, if you not using a D Loop. I use a Stanislawski rope release however I've cut off the rope, since I use a D Loop. Again try not to make too many enemies, and if you ticked off someone, I would apologize to them... You'll certainy be on these forums a lot longer.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:45 PM

i sent you a pm about the problem
Old 01-03-2006, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: gibblet

Thats pretty funny.

Hey utmstudent, if you rock the boat too much in this forum, you will not get any help. I suggest try not to make too many enemies. By the way, the rope goes on your string, if you not using a D Loop. I use a Stanislawski rope release however I've cut off the rope, since I use a D Loop. Again try not to make too many enemies, and if you ticked off someone, I would apologize to them... You'll certainy be on these forums a lot longer.
Well said rev. Backtension is a style of shooting that you use the muscles in your back to release the arrow. On a true backtension release there is no trigger, you squeeze the muscles between your shoulderblades to release the arrow. It give a suprise release and can be difficult to learn. You might punch yourself in the nose a few times in the process.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:59 PM

oh, I see. I'd rather have one with a trigger lol.