Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight question

Old 12-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sight question

Whats up guys and girls, hope everybody had a good christmas!

I'm in the process of setting up my new bow and the sight I use is a cobra. Im on at 10, 20, and thirty right now and will be testing 40 tomarrow. My question is, my sight is adjusted almost all the way down( the part that holds the pin guard assembly) do I need to move my rest up or down? it just doesnt look right. I dont know if this is normal for alot of people or are your sights normaly in the center of the arm where the sight is mounted?
My rest is a whisker bisquit if that matters.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:44 PM

Default RE: Sight question

Which Cobra are you using?
Are the pins grouped in the middle of the "box"?
My first instinct would be to make sure the knocking point is in the right place.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

It is the cobra mini acsent sight, and my pins are in the middle. My nocking point is correct, I checked again to make sure.

I have had this sight for a long time and never had any problems with it. Maybe I'm just being wierd since its a new set up. So far the bow (parker 34) has performed realy well, super fast, no shock,and even at thirty yards once I pull the trigger on the release, POW! the arrow is in the target in a split second.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:18 PM

is your arrow splitting your button hole on your riser? besides that where are you coming to full draw, where is the trigger in relation to, say, your mouth, above or below? how far?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry for the delay, (new years festivities)[8D]

My release is in line with the corner of my mouth, and the point where it holds the loop is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches from the corner of my mouth. Judgine by my form I might be able to adjust my head to bring the sights up. Its kind of hard to tell with the help of my wife.
I could maybe adjust my rest an eigth of an inch but it splits the holes pretty much dead on.

Old 01-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try making a small adjustment on your peep .

nubo
Old 01-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

ya someone had the same problem at the archery place by me and it was the peep sight so you mine wana try moving it
Old 01-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Should I go up or down with it?

Old 01-01-2006, 06:03 PM

From your original post It seems you were shooting way low. You would want to move the rear peep up!
You always move the peep away from the direction of the shot, and move the sight pins toward the shots.
Unless I've developed bowdislexia(lol).
Old 01-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Gotcha

THanks for the help guys, its been so long since I've set up a bow I forgot how to do it!

Quick Reply: Sight question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.