Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight question

Old 01-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Sight question

Hey Iron,

Congrats on the new bow. If your rest is in the right position, I would try moving your sight up, as it might be too far down. Before you move it though, close your eyes and draw your bow. Make sure your form is correct and your head is level, once at full draw open your eyes. You should be looking through your peep, if not adjust it.

If that still does not work and you are dead set on using that sight. You may want to ditch the 10yd pin and just go 20, 30 and 40yds. This will give you some room to move the sight up a little. That Parker will shoot pretty much dead on at 10 yards if sighted in at 20.

BTW...What draw length did you end up getting? I know we talked about it on another post.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Your absolutely right, I forgot all about the closing your eyes trick. Did it this morning and I can see my peep needs to come up about 1/2 inch at least!

I am drawn out at 31" since I am useing a loop and release, I just gotta figure out how to move my peep up.

Thanks for the help everybody, I am a little rusty when it come to getting set up, havent done it in about five years.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Certainly glad to hear we're able to help.

nubo
Old 01-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Site Bouncer

I just gotta figure out how to move my peep up.
What you can do is just carefully just slide it up. I have used the bottom edge of a bic lighter to move the servings. Be aware that the peep will rotate slightly when you do this so if it's aligned at full draw it may not be after you move it. The only other option is to put it in a bow press and adjust it that way.

Good luck, this will most likely give you some room to move your sight. It will also improve you shooting as you will be in a more natural position and not ducking your head to look through the peep.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet, I'll give it a shot.