Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Switchback question >

Switchback question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switchback question

Old 12-14-2005, 11:06 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default Switchback question

A buddy of mine is shooting a Switchback, a year old. I know his string is stretching as the peep won't rotate correctly any more and isn't lined up right either. Question is, the past week his groups are opening up to the right pretty signifigantly. He says the bow is kicking to the right when he releases and this has become noticeable in the last week as well. Would string stretch contribute to this or should we be looking for something else? Thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Switchback question

I would check to see if the axle to axle measures 33 inches - exactly. I would also look to see if you have any wheel lean, or serving wear on the cables at the cam and inside the roller guard.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

In a word yes string stretch will do this.

What also happens is the cam goes out of optomim (sp ) time or rotation which will also throw the arrow off target.

I would replace the string and cable with a custom made one that has been pre-stretched, not a zebra or barracuda.

There are a lot of good quality string makers out there and I have found JAM strings to be right up there at the top in quality and workmanship.

Oh if you dont know who makes JAM strings PM gibblet
Old 12-16-2005, 12:06 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I about have him talked into getting a custom string put on the bow. He is new to the sport and simply can't believe that the string on the bow is no good.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another JAM string endorsement here. High end custom product and reasonable pricing.