Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Browning Illusion??????????? >

Browning Illusion???????????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Browning Illusion???????????

Old 12-06-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Browning Illusion???????????

I am seriously considering the Illusion for next year....does anyone here own one and what do you think about it? I read a review in Petersen’s Bowhunting magazine and it was compared to all top parallel style limb bows favorably...yes even the SB and BT's

I just need to hear from browning fans on this one bow.

Thanks, Bo

Old 12-06-2005, 01:37 PM

Default RE: Browning Illusion???????????

Bo,

I own the 2005 model and I absolutley love it! I can't say enough about this bow performance wise - quite, fast, and shock free. I only wish Browning included a better owners manual for the Illusion. There is no manual specifically for this bow and the manual you recieve does not include instructions for the Trance Cam the Illusion uses. Also, the heads of the locking screws you have to loosen in order to turn the limb bolts tend to strip out. Other than that the bow is a great performer and, otherthan raw speed, is equal to the SB and BT's. You won't be disappointed if you decide to purchase the Illusion. Oh yeah, one other thing the, the limb pockets on the 2006 model are different but I don't know how that will affect the performance of the bow.

Good Luck on your purchase,

Brian K.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:12 PM

Thanks Brian, are you saying the SB or BT's are faster? If so by about how much? What is you draw/# and speed if you know it? not that it would make much difference with me, I am looking for a bow that will shoot, quiet at around 280, I have a 29" draw, 70# comfortably, shoot 75/95 GT XT htrs with Blazers and 100 grain tips/BH's.

Thanks, Bo

Old 12-07-2005, 06:27 AM

Bo,

I'm shooting a 28" draw at 62# right now, but I'm also shooting ST Axis 340 arrowswhich are heavier. I know they are also a little stiff for my current set-up, but that was what the pro-shop I went to suggested. I'm getting some Axis 400 in the near future.I think I'm around 240-245 FPS, but I honestly don't knowfor sure becauseI never shot through a chrono and speed wasn't a huge factor with me when I made my purchase. With your DL and draw weight you probably could reach about 280 with the Illusion. I think the SB is pretty close speed wise to the Illusion, butMatthews tends to over-rate their speed a little. The BT's, however, are faster. But, they also are not as quiet and shock free as the Illusion, and also cost a few hundred dollars more.

If you get a chance, shoot some BT's, SB, and the Illusion. I shot the SB, and a few BT's and liked them alot, butthe performance and price of the Illusion vs. the othersis what sealed the deal for me.

Brian
Old 12-07-2005, 09:31 AM

That was my line of thinking too, the SB and BT's are not worth the extra $ for the minimal performance advantage they may or may not have. Thanks again

Bo

Old 12-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Spike

I have one and set at 63-64lbs@29 with a 45/70 Carbon Tech cheetah it shoots 309.