Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Anybody use the tru-ball pro diamond >

Anybody use the tru-ball pro diamond

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anybody use the tru-ball pro diamond

Old 01-10-2002, 05:10 PM

Default Anybody use the tru-ball pro diamond

My pro diamond should be in tomorrow. The reason I got it was because I wanted to try a t handle release and also one that i could hunt with. I started thinking if it was neccesary to use a loop with this release. It doesnt have the cocking mechanism. Can you still put a talon rope head on it?
Old 01-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anybody use the tru-ball pro diamond

Ky

You can put any of the heads that will go on the Chappy.The Talon and Caliper heads will work.I do not use a loop with my caliper head on mine.I like the added energy that the extra 1/2" gives me for hunting.If you will use eliminator buttons and slide one under the release it will hold it in place when sitting in a stand and not let it fall down the string.Beats hanging on to it.

Another good head is the double ball system that they have.I tried it and it was very accurate but it cost me about 10-15 fps and that is more energy lost than I was willing to give up.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the info TFOX.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:08 AM

I did the exact thing your talking about. I use the pro diamond with talon heads and a string loop on the bowstring. I started out with the extreme and found that I was much more consistant with a t handle than the wrist straps. Plus I like when your in the stand the release just hangs there and is ready at all times. The reason I use my pro diamond for hunting is that it doesn't have the loud click when going off. Guys told me not to worry about the noise that it wouldn't be any louder than my bow. But I could still hear it and it bothered me. So now I use my extreme for 3d and pro diamond for hunting exact same release other than the cocking noise and click of the firing pin. Good luck