Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Returning to Archey >

Returning to Archey

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Returning to Archey

Old 11-22-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Returning to Archey

I am 53 and haven't hunted in 10 yr. My last bow was a High Country Extreme. I want a bow that has a smooth draw and 65% let off. Is High Country still a good bow? How about some recomendations in the $500 to $600 range.

Thanks, Ron
Old 11-22-2005, 08:51 PM

Default RE: Returning to Archey

Check out the diamond line. They are within that price range and they are sweet shooting bows. Congrats on getting back into archery, we knew you couldn't stay away forever.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron C........you said you've been out of archery for quite awhile. Is there any reason you want a 65% let-off? A lot of the bows today you can vary the let-off %. I thought possibly if you been out for awhile, you may be looking for the 65% let-off for Pope and Young rule qualifications. That was raised a couple years ago.(I think to 80%)

I don't have any specific bow reccomendations but 10-12 years ago High Country had a top of the line rig. They've had alot of ups and downs since. The big movement in bows the past couple years is the Parrellel limb and speed movement. Top bows have extremely low shock and recoil and have picked up the speed from 10 years ago. If you're willing to spend $600 your very close to the top of the line bows today. Go shoot a few and feel it for yourself. Hoyt Trycon, Bowtech Alliegance, or any of the new Bowtechs, The Diamond line, and Mathews Switchback...all awesome rigs. Priced from $600 to $699 and often a dealer may let any of these go for close to $600.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:39 AM

pearson is coming out with a 33" ata parallel limb bow that looks real sweet, right in that price range, with a choice of split or solid limbs. looks as good as the others for about $100 less.

i hate to say this, but seeing what's happened in the accessory market is going to shock you (sticker shock).
Old 11-23-2005, 07:25 PM

I have had some back trouble. I live in Wa.so I have to use 65% letoff. I was hoping to get some suggestions on a smooth bow in the 33" to 35" ATA that is known for accuracy.