Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Uprade Feather-Max or Trade-in >

Uprade Feather-Max or Trade-in

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Uprade Feather-Max or Trade-in

Old 10-31-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Uprade Feather-Max or Trade-in

I can get new limbs (70#) for my Feather-max for $170 installed...or I can buy another bow...or I can just sit on a bow that I'm very pleased with that shoots around 235fps (with the 60#limbs). Any suggestions. My arrows are about 440 grains...but I really don't want to go any lighter...and I don't want to start pushing the envelope where you have to decide between speed and tuneability. Because, frankly, I like slapping arrows at 40 yards (granted...on a good day) and I'm no tune-it expert.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Uprade Feather-Max or Trade-in

Because, frankly, I like slapping arrows at 40 yards (granted...on a good day) and I'm no tune-it expert.
Uuuugh, and tell me again... what makes you want to change anything?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:26 PM

Like I said, I'm fine with keeping everything as is. I've had no complaints with the bow. I've grown quite abit in the last 5 years and well, if there's another 30fps (or whatever I'll gain from 10lbs) why not? I've got the money (but not for entirely new setup)and was just wondering.

IBO speed for the feather-max is 310 and I'm 75 short of that..I've no hope of reaching that, but 260 has a nice ring

BTW, MQ1 I can't honestly say I didn't expect that kind of response
Old 10-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTW, MQ1 I can't honestly say I didn't expect that kind of response
You knew it, and I knew it; I still couldn't resist!

Seriously though, the FeatherMax was/is a great little bow... $170 seems a bit steep, though. I have no frame of reference, though... that's just a feeling. For that much more, what about selling your bow on e-bay, taking the $170 and adding to that total... and see about upgrading to something that really spits them out there? I mean, if you've just got a hankering to light up the chrono with some bigger numbers...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:06 PM

If you really like the bow & it shoots great I would leave it alone & keep using it. If not then I would save up my money for a while longer & just get a new bow next spring.