Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 2 questions-arrow flight, releases >

2 questions-arrow flight, releases

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2 questions-arrow flight, releases

Old 10-28-2005, 07:53 PM

Default 2 questions-arrow flight, releases

First off, after taking my first deer of the season last week(see my post"scouting pays off")I have been playing with some new releases and am taking a liking to a T.R.U. Ball T-handle style that I can hang on the string until needed. Do any of you use this style release and if so what are your opinions of it?
Second, I was practicing at a range of 40 yards this afternoon and noticed that my arrows aren't flying so good. They seem to have alot of up and down wiggle in them. They hit were they should. I have been shooting straight fletch for the last few years and have a Drop Zone rest. I also have a srting loop and use a Scott Mongoose release. Do I need to move my nock point? I don't think I am getting contact on the riser. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Old 10-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2 questions-arrow flight, releases

I bought a T-handle release to try earlier this year but I ave been using a wrist strap or glove style for so long I just decided to stick with those. Many people love them and swear by them though.

If you want to try one with out paing full price let me know and I will sell you the one I have for $45. Here is a link to it in the classafieds here on huntingnet. It's not the exact one you have linked but just thought I'd toss it out to you.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1181239&mpage=1&key=tru%2cballí± í¸·

Yes, you need to adjust your nocking point up or down to get rid of the up & down flight of your arrows. Just rotate your loop around the serving and you will be able to adjust it about .026" per revolution.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:18 PM

You might get better arrow flight at longer distances with a right helical fletch. Give it a whirl on a couple tuned arrows. Just a thought.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:18 AM

i agree with both people.