Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hello Everybody

Old 10-27-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Hello Everybody

Just found the site and signed up and wanted to say hi. I have decided to get into bowhunting, i would love to be able to spend more time in the woods and i think its a good way to do it. So i am looking for a bow. I have been looking around and have read quite a bit on here from other peoples questions. Here is a link to what i am looking at right now. What do you think?? http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=62402&hvarTarget=sea rch&hvarAID=&cmCat=

Thank for the info, i love the site.

Kyle
Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hello Everybody

Welcome to the site,heres a place you can call and they can set you in the right track http://www.huntersfriend.com/compoundbows.htm ,also if you can get to a pro shop then you can see what your draw lengh and weight are,good luck.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 PM

Ok thanks man i will look around on there. Good place to compare.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:46 AM

I'm always happy to see a new bowhunter. Welcome to the passion.

You could buy mailorder and save a couple dollars, but since you're a new bowhunter, I'd recommend finding the bow shop in your area with the best reputation and go there to get your first bow. The brand you choose is unimportant. The key for an inexperienced hunter, is to find someone who can properly set you up, help tune your bow and give you tips on shooting well. The difference in results from the two scenerios, can be dramatic. You are unlikely to make good decisions on your own and a poor fitting setup that is out of tune, will frustrate you to no end. I hate to see that, so start out on the right foot. Get lots of help from someone who is very good at this.

You can start out with a low-end bow and end up shooting like a pro. Most bow shops carry all price levels of bows. Although they may not be able to match a mailorder price, they will make up for it, in how well they'll get you shooting - and quickly too!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:29 AM

I was at a gander mountain store yesterday and am planning on going to cabelas here in a couple weeks. Do they have pretty knowledegable people that might be able to point me in the right direction? And is the bow that i linked to up there a pretty good setup? I hae been looking around and reading anda lot of people seem to think that the pse's are good bows to start out with.I don't know for sure where there is a pro shop around here, i just moved to the area i'm in and don't know where much is at. I can't wait to get something and get started practicing for next year.