Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Not a HAPPY SOUND >

Not a HAPPY SOUND

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Not a HAPPY SOUND

Old 10-14-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Not a HAPPY SOUND

I have a odd vibration sound. As if my cable is hitting something or abruptly stopping. My arrow is hitting where I want it to but 2 of three kick left upon release. Not sure what to do. My arrows are not hitting anything. Very worried something is out of wack[:@]
Old 10-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Not a HAPPY SOUND

As far as your arrows kicking out, definitley sounds like a vane clearance problem. Therecould be many reasons for that.There are several ways to check to see ifhave a clearance problem.Check your vane and see if there is any noticible marks on it. Try coating your vanes with a light white powder, lipstick or somthing like that and shoot your arrow. Then look for the residue on your bow/rest to see where the contact is. Check your centershot. If your centershot is ok and everything is tight and in line, you might be torquing your bow when you shoot; that then being a form problem. Sometimes torquing is also a indicator that your draw length is too long as well.
When I hear a vibration, I hang the bow from a nail or something so it swings free and tap it and try to track it down. That usually leads me to the loose item.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:27 AM

Snood,
Basically it was 2 things. 1) Tried a new release but it caused torque on the string. My achor point is good but the release opened unevenly so I went back to the "JUDGE". 2) I trimmed my string whiskers a bit to short so they didn't work anymore so I replaced them. All good. Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. Good hunting.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

Man, that's great. Nothing major then. Ya just never know where the problem can be, but kudos to you for hanging in there and figuring it out. Have a good season!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:17 PM

Snood,
Thanks man. This site has provided me with more knowledge and guidence than I have ever recieved since I started hunting. Gotta love it.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 PM

on the 'not happy sound' note, i'll add one. my patriot developed a big fat 'THUNK' and i could seriously feel it in my hand. what the heck. didn't really worry too much, i mean from 20 yards what's a thunk. anyhoo, i got this new color from bcy (actually its been discontinued, but its new to me). its like an emerald green that shimmers and i wanted to see what it looked like so i made myself a cable with royal blue serving - its sweet - but while installing it i got confused. i only took the cable off but no matter how i put it back on it was rubbing the string. WHAT THE .....? now i've done this a billion times, but i got on the puter and looked at pictures. changed back to the bowtech cable slide and issue fixed.
didn't think about it until me and marmax were talking on the phone and he said 'did your cable saw thru the hicks slide?' 'nah' i said, no way. i went and looked. sure as sh!% it did. it sawed in and sideways on that slide. got that issue resolved and the thunk is gone, and i'm happy. and to everyone i advised to get that slide, well i'm glad they're cheap.