Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Regret the Whisker Bisquit >

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Old 10-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

I've been shooting a WB since 2001. I used it on a Bear Silverback, then switched it over to my LX. No problems...at all. I think this rest is the best hunting rest on the market. Before you flame me....and I'm sure someone will....I have used TM Hunters, the old flipper rests, heck even had an over draw on one old bow.None held a candle IMO to the WB My dad is using the NAP Quicktune 360 on his bow...similar style containment rest, but I'll take the WB any day of the week.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Site Bouncer

Well I have a whisker biscuit on all of my bows and except for the first one (which was corrected) I never had any fletching wear. Maybe I have "magical" biscuits, or maybe I set it up right.

With the first one I had no idea how to set it up. I just put it on the bow and made suremy arrow was level.I immediatelynoticed wavy vanes after about 10 shots. I am just an average archer and hunter, not a shop owner,I don't evenhave a bow press, so I'm not some "expert" but, I have common sense and know how to read.

So I did some research on line and found that if you are shooting a biscuit it's best to start with an even tiller (easy to do) true center shot (again easy to do) and a 90 deg. nock for a perfect level arrow(once again easy to do) and go from there. The only other thing is to make sure the biscuit itself is level (and yes once more that too is easy to do)

Well I then did a paper tune and had perfect hole. So far so good I thought, so I skipped the next steps and went straight to sighting in my field tips. Once that was done I tested fixed broadheads (Thunder Heads and Montecs) Guess what? they both flew like my field tips out to 40 yds. What more can you ask for from a hunting set up?

The only other thing I did was put on Vane tech vanes because the vanes I had on my arrows were wavy from the first biscuit set up. Since then no problems at all. That was only 6 arrows (practice) the other ones still had the original vanes on them as they were the ones I used for hunting. I have since switched them as my practice arrows and they are still in good shapeafter hundreds of shots through them.

SO.......I have a simple question. Did I just get lucky and buy three Whisker Biscuits that are easy on vanes or did I set up the rest correctly and thus am getting good results from it?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

HEY!!!!! I'M TEARING UP MY FLETCHINGS TOO!!! only b/c i keep hitting the previous arrows i already shot
Old 10-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Todd1700

2 fps tops. But I guess a master like yourself can notice a severe performance difference due to the loss of that 2 fps.
I would think its a lot more than 2fps, a simple nock is 2 fps, a peep sight is 3-5 fps. i would think it's more like 10fps slower.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:51 PM

I personally don't care who likes a wb ,who uses a wb and who doesn,t.I'm just here to say the Zero effect is just that.Not connect by strings but a ridget arm, connected to cables which when drawn would break any ice build up.no moving parts just pevoit points.It seems to me none of you know anyone who shoots one,but it's only a matter of time before you all have one[8D]
Old 10-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

no moving parts just pevoit points
How in the world can this be. If something pivots on something else, something is moving

Oh whereare my manners, Welcome to the boards
Old 10-13-2005, 05:57 PM

Thanks Howler , It's a interesting board , but if that point is all you can comment on then the rest of my post is solid and likly to come true.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

but it's only a matter of time before you all have one
This is not likely to come true for me, no matter how much you think it will, because I am very, no make that, VERY HAPPY with my WB! Thanks anyways!!!

So, ya gotta admit that if there is a pivot point, there is movement!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Howler

So, ya gotta admit that if there is a pivot point, there is movement!!!
and we as humans just dont have the technology to make anything with moving parts reliable.
hahaha !
aint buying that.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Site Bouncer

I would think its a lot more than 2fps, a simple nock is 2 fps, a peep sight is 3-5 fps. i would think it's more like 10fps slower.
I chrono'd mine before and after the biscuit. I lost on average 3fpsThe low was 1fps the high was 4fps. I didn't even change my pins.

SO.......I have a simple question. Did I just get lucky and buy three Whisker Biscuits that are easy on vanes or did I set up the rest correctly and thus am getting good results from it?
Anyone?

Quick Reply: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.