Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Regret the Whisker Bisquit >

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Old 10-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Posted to the wrong thread.[&:]
Old 10-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used a WB on my hunting bows for 3 years. I have no problems with them. I see no change in accuracy out to 65 yards which is well beyond the range I would shoot at a deer anyway. But then I shoot with good form. If you don't shoot with good form and you need to buy a drop away rest to help mask that shortcoming then so be it. Just don't try to say that we all need to do it.

The new B2 WB on my bows don't damage my fletchings but then my bows are welltuned. I've been shooting the same 6 practice arrows for a year without refletching them. They are not wavy or torn. If you can tune a bow they will not damage your fletchings. If you can't tune a bow then maybe you should learn or take up golf or tennis instead. As for even some pro's at pro shops having trouble setting up a WB on a bow? Well I've met some supposed pro shop experts that I wouldn't let tie a string loop on my bow much less set it up completely. Pro shops are just as infiltrated with incompetent jackasses that THINK they know what they are doing as the rest of society.

I love the fact that as atreestand hunter I can lay my bow across my lap without the arrow rattling around the riser. Why lay it across my lap? For close quick minimal movement access when a deer approaches. No reaching up to take my bow off a metal bow hanger risking a click or clang asI do it. No bow rocking back and forthas it hangsfrom that bow hanger on a windy day. No moving parts. No drop away rest cords tied to your string. The arrow is always where you need it to be. It is a very worry free hunting rest.

I particualrly love how everytime a WB thread pops up the same two people who have never used one show up to tell those of us who do use them why we are wrong about WB rests. What's wrong with that picture? So I say Arthur, Z... why waste your time looking ridiculous on just WB threads? I say branch out and diverisfy your lack of knowledge. Pick another topic like Brain Sugery and go find a neurosurgeon and argue with him that you know a better way than him to do a frontal lobotomy. I mean why spend all your time fighting with more knowledgable people on only one of the many topics that you know nothing about?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Something else I've observed... When someone doesn't have an adequate counter-argument to debate an issue, they often resort to ridicule and personal attacks.

We haven't even discussed how easy it is to bend the arm that holds the bisquit on a wb. I've seen several that were bent.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Something else I've observed... When someone doesn't have an adequate counter-argument to debate an issue, they often resort to ridicule and personal attacks.

We haven't even discussed how easy it is to bend the arm that holds the bisquit on a wb. I've seen several that were bent.
Isn't that the truth!!

Todd1700
If you don't shoot with good form and you need to buy a drop away rest to help mask that shortcoming then so be it.
You've got to be kidding!

I still prefer my drop away!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:43 AM

I also had the WB, after about 100-150 shots my fletchings were flying off the damn arrow. I followed all tuning suggestions I was provided. I have since switched to DZ drop away and it is by far a much better rest. It took a bit longer to tune the DZ but in the end it is a far better rest.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a W.B. on my hunting bow and will always have one on my hunting setups.I also have the quicktune 3000 and it is a better rest for shooting targets but the W.B. is perfect for my hunting needs.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vinnybugg

I also had the WB, after about 100-150 shots my fletchings were flying off the damn arrow. I followed all tuning suggestions I was provided. I have since switched to DZ drop away and it is by far a much better rest. It took a bit longer to tune the DZ but in the end it is a far better rest.
Are you sure ? That rest cant possibly be any good , specially with all those moving parts. LOL!
I shoot the same rest and never even tuned my bow. Set it up with the proper tools and went out and started drilling them at 30 and 40 yds. Oh and my field points and broadheads hit the same.Thats with doing nothing but an initial setup. Best rest ever made, super quiet too. Nothing like that sound of fletching smashing into aWB at 270fps.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

been shooting my biscuit for 2 years with same arrows and feathers - some arrows over 200 shots - they are a bit rough on the edges but still work fine and fly fine.

as for not having a counter arguement - simple point is, if properly tuned and set up, they work excellent and the "proof" comes from the many that use them. those who haven't have nothing to "argue". those that have and didn't like them - sh*t happens and they are definitely not for everyone

I like mine
Old 10-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

...they are definitely not for everyone
Exactly. Just like shooting a shooting a selfbow and using your knuckle for a rest is not for everyone.

So, why is it you wb guys get somad about it when someone says they don't like them, and goes on to explain their reasons? Selfbow shooters don't get mad because some peoplewould rather shoot an artificialbow made from metal and plastic instead of real wood. It's not for everybody, so lighten up and get over it.

Artificial bow...?? Did I say that? Darn. Now I'm gonna have all the compound guys mad at me too.[8D][8D][8D]
Old 10-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, why is it you wb guys get somad about it when someone says they don't like them, and goes on to explain their reasons?
It might have something to do with the fact that some that argue so hard against the product that they have never used. For every negative point that is brought up about the WB, there is a fix, a simple fix at that. BUT instead of fixing the problem, some choose to talk crap about the product instead of sucking up to the fact that they weren't smart enough to fix the problem, that never existed, or changing thier hard headed ways and try something new. And lets face it, there aren't many products that don't have negative issues, but can be fixed if one trys to, but it is easier to change to a different product and talk smack about the other product.

Quick Reply: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.