Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Regret the Whisker Bisquit >

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Old 10-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Sounds like you have received quite a few excellent suggestions. Tuning it more is definitely recommended. I have often heard that if it is properly tuned then you should have minimal fletching damage especially after it is broken in.

Stay away from softer fletches.....and trim the biscuit a bit to get less wear.

You can also heat your vanes to get them back into shape...blow dryer, etc...
Old 10-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

haven been in archey some 30+ years i have sene a lot of stuff come an go the WB is one of the LOL things .ya it looks good but there are a lot of better thing to use than that one
Old 10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

PERSONALLY, I think the whisker biscuit is the biggest hunk of crap rest on the market, if I were you i'd switch to a drop away, preferably the trophy ridge dropzone. It's the only way to go. I worked at Gander Mt. in the pro shop, and can't tell you how many of those i replaced with a dropaway....think about it.......you'll benefit later on.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cataway

haven been in archey some 30+ years i have sene a lot of stuff come an go the WB is one of the LOL things .ya it looks good but there are a lot of better thing to use than that one
Yeah , just about everyone says that when they first look at one.
Quite a few try it out anyway and change their tune quickly.I'm sure CAP is LOL all the way to the bank.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the WB if you get the good one (Droptine or Deluxe), you know how to tune a bow , and you match the right fletchings and correct spine arrowwith your setup. It is indeed a great rest for close range hunting in the hands of an average archer. However ,if you have a tendency to torque your bow then you will notice a difference in accuracy , especially at longer yardages.

When it comes to threading a needle at 30 yards and beyond , nothing beats a MZE! Try one and see what the hype is about.
Oh yeah , you don't have to worry about the arrow falling off the rest with the MZE either.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never had any problems with my WB. I wont buy another rest.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The reason accuracy can go south is mostly a form issue, and most people don't know it. With any kind of prong or drop-away rest the arrow, when shot, can float where it is tuned to shoot without interference. Shooting through any type of full containment rest there is contact with the rest till the arrow clears the bow. In this case it is more important to have a good follow through. Any movement you make with the bow is more apparent. So just forget where the arrow is going. Aim the bow.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah , you don't have to worry about the arrow falling off the rest with the MZE either.
The "LOL" factor really comes into play, every time I hear that reasoning for a rest. If someone isso big a klutz thathe can't keep the arrow onhis rest..... I mean really! Uncoordinated people should not be allowed to play with sharp sticks, and here we are making special arrow rests for them!??![8D]

Sorry... I've been holding that back for five years now and just had to let it out. Feel much better now.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:14 AM

The "LOL" factor really comes into play, every time I hear that reasoning for a rest. If someone is so big a klutz that he can't keep the arrow on his rest..... I mean really! Uncoordinated people should not be allowed to play with sharp sticks, and here we are making special arrow rests for them!?
Arthur, I use to think the same way, but then it happened to me. My arrow fell off the rest when I drew back on a buck. I had my bow at a bit of an odd angle and.... clank, the buck was gone. I guess I must be a klutz, but I personaly know lots of hunters who experienced exactly the same thing. Even more than that, I use to frequently have an arrow make a noise against the riser while sitting in my stand. The great thing about the WB is how it cradles your arrow in silence the whole time your on your stand. Sure, you can keep your arrow in a quiver and hope you can nock it without being seen - but sooner or later the animal is going to be spooked and if you hunt enough, probably many will. The WB has a huge advantage while your simply waiting for a deer to come by.

Proof of it's advantages come from the sheer numbers using it. I'll bet it's on more hunter's compound bows than any other rest - far more. This kind of following does not come from gimicks, poorly designed products or products that are junk. I don't mind anyone not using it - heck use whatever you want. But when someone calls it a hunk of crap (not you), I figure they know very little about tuning their setup, have never hunted, have never tried it or have an incentive to bash it (as in competitor).
Old 10-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, Straightarrow, I knowthe arguments for and against the thing. I still think the 'arrow falling off' stuff is way overblown. I mean really... How many arrows have you had fall off your rest in the years you've been hunting? You only mention one. One isolated incident -falling under the heading of 'stuff happens' - andthen you absolutelyMUST have a full containment rest? C'mon!

Proof of it's advantages come from the sheer numbers using it??!!?? Pardon me whilst I break out the can of BS repellent for that'n.[8D]

I've seen how a lot of bows wound up with WB's on 'em. I hung aroundenough pro shops watching new shooters getting set up. They had the things shoved off on them like the shops were getting kickbacks from the company! Maybe they were, I don't know.

Never once did anyone ever say a word about accuracy, tuneability or versatility. No sir, not once. It was always 'No way your arrow is falling off THIS rest.' Advnatages? Plural?? Not hardly. It's got only that one, singleadvantage. That's theONLYselling point the thing has!

And new shooters don't know enough to question it when the 'expert' behind the counter starts spouting aburdities. That is how I think so many WB's wound up on bows. Definitely not due to advantages.

Somewhat slower arrow speeds, wrinkled vanes, has to be modified before you can even get it to work right, increased susceptability to torque, gotta have special anti-icing spray to keep it working in the cold and wet.... You gotta admit a WB has a lot more going against it than it's got going for it.

I can honestly and truthfully say I have never had an arrow fall off my rest while hunting. I can also honestly and truthfully say I have never once spooked an animal while loading an arrow on the bow. I've had 'em spook while drawing, but not while getting the bow ready to shoot.

Of course, I shoot a bit different style than most folks do nowadays, because I know all too well the DISadvantages of using metal risered clank bows, elevated rests for arrows to fall off of, sights to obscureyour vision of the animaland mechanical releases which prohibit you from having any control over the arrow, whatsoever.

Believe me, I can understand WHY someone with all those burdensmight think they need a full containment rest.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:26 AM

For those of us who prefer a biscuit and perhaps have the form to shoot straight with them, they're excellent. They demand a solid hold and proper follow-through. For one who started bowhunting just as the original glue-on Flipper rest was introduced I remember the problems. The flipper might let go, fall out, or get torn off during a hunt leaving you in trouble unless you carried another in your pocket. That left me coveting a solid, no worries rest that holds the arrow for you. Also, coming from the north country where it does tend to get cold, a rest that holds the arrow in place can be a blessing! If it doesn't work for you or if you can't shoot with it no problem, get something that makes you happy.

Quick Reply: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.