Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Shooting Right @ 30y? >

Shooting Right @ 30y?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shooting Right @ 30y?

Old 10-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Shooting Right @ 30y?

I took my bow to the proshop last week because my string had twisted - enough so that my peep was no longer lining up....my d loop was almost @ 90 degrees from previous. My pro shop guy checked the twist, messed with it a little, then glued the d loop in place, @ the 90 degrees, so that when I grab and pull with release, it straightens the string and peep. It seemed to fix my peep problem, however I did have to adjust my sight a little at 20y. But when I backed up to 30y, I'm consistently shooting right. Does this sound like a tuning problem?...if so, can I slightly adjust my rest in the opposite direction to correct?

Old 10-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting Right @ 30y?

That isn't the correct way to fix that problem. He should have taken the time to adjust your string. Also sounds like you need some fine tuning. Good luck
Old 10-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would sight the bow in at 30 yards and then go back to 20 and see if it starts shooting left. Fine tuning definitely is in order.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:11 AM

Not that this is your only problem but I have seen the same thing over and over from people sighting in. You should always adjust your left to right adjustment when you are still fresh and at the maximum yardage you can shoot (40yds or so) and as PABowhunter wrote in the earlier post then go back and shoot at 20 yds and you will find it to be adjusted properly. I believe if this does not cure the problem you may be canting the bow and should put a level on your sight to correct this problem. I dont know how serious you take this but you should visit the Spott Hog sight which has articles on the different axis adjustments especially important when shooting at longer range from a treestand or down hill.
Good luck
BD
Old 10-10-2005, 09:39 AM

thanks for the input - sighted in 2 days later when fresh and worked it out. As suggested, sighting at 30 seems to fix both yardages. I've found from experience, that when fatigued I tend to cant the bow, which always throws off my left/right.