Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quiver broke

Old 10-07-2005, 09:45 PM

Default quiver broke

I dont know how but my quiver broke yesterday. I have the Truglo axis 180. I decided to still hunt yesterday since it was raining. Next thing I know is my quiver falls to the ground. The piece on the quiver that slides onto the Bohning slider on the bow broke. I always lay the bow down quiver up.The proshop has the Bohning piece that goes on the bow but not what I need. I emailed truglo hoping they will send me a replacement. It stinks causeI have to carry my quiver now and I dont want to buy another one.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: quiver broke

Have you ever wondered why we gullible archers settle for things made of plastic?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

It could be one of the best things to happen to you. When my plastic quiver broke, I went and bought a hip quiver, and will NEVER go back to a bowmounted quiver again.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Im not too sure how I will like a hip quiver. It seems like it would get into the way w/ me carrying my bow and with my stand on my back. I always liked them on my bow but who knows might be worth a try.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted in WV for the past 10 years with a climber and backpack on my back. The hip quiver never caused and problem. the arrows are angled back far enough that it wont effect you. If you decide you dont like it on your hip, you can pretty easily attach one to your backpack or stand when backpacking.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:28 PM

I havea Fuse quiver that I like.abit pricey but so's everything else.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I emailed truglo hoping they will send me a replacement.
I will be interested in seeing their response. So often we hear of companies with poor customer service and only a handful that trully deliver when the chips are down.

To my knowledge most quivers are made of plastic...at least the models I have had the privelege to own or work on. Are there any that are not?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

To my knowledge most quivers are made of plastic...at least the models I have had the privelege to own or work on. Are there any that are not?
If it broke where I'm thinking it broke, the ALpine soft lok has carbon connectors. I think just about all quivers have a plastic hood.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:07 PM

I am also curious if they send me that cheap PLASTIC piece.

JoshKeller: What type of hip quiver do you own?

If nothing else, I will put some 5 minute expoxy on it it and see how long she lasts.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:42 AM

This morning I figured I would call TRUGLO instead waiting on an email response. The nice lady said she would send one right out to me. Hope it gets here soon.

Quick Reply: quiver broke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.