Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
CORKSCREWING ARROW ????? >

CORKSCREWING ARROW ?????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

CORKSCREWING ARROW ?????

Old 10-02-2002, 03:50 PM

Default CORKSCREWING ARROW ?????

O.K heres the deal,I had my bow all set up and shooting fine.I decided to take off my mirage rest and do a homemade camo paint job on it,when i got it all back together reset the center shot,and the launcher hieght I test shot a few arrows,and they are corkscrewing in flight.So my ? is,how do i start to address this.Up and down first or side to side?I have a paper tuneing set up and target to use at home.
and just so you all know I'm left handed!As i said the only change made was painting my rest,every thing still moves freely,vane clearence appears to be o.k ,So can some one get me started in what direction to adjust first? Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:42 PM

Default RE: CORKSCREWING ARROW ?????

You hit the nail on the head. Start by paper tuning. My guess is your nock point is off either up or down, and you won't be able to tell which until you shoot it through paper. Then make the adjustments in the rest accordingly.
Side to side shouldn't be an issue since you made no changes when you removed the rest and reinstalled it.