Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ACC's, Axis, Beman Black Max, etc. with >

ACC's, Axis, Beman Black Max, etc. with

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ACC's, Axis, Beman Black Max, etc. with

Old 09-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default ACC's, Axis, Beman Black Max, etc. with

a prong type rest? I am wondering if I can get enough fletching clearance using these smaller diameter arrows on a prong rest such as a TM Hunter or Quicktune type rest. We are setting up my son's bow and don't want to put a drop-a-way rest on the bow until I see how serious he is about hunting this fall, especially when I am paying for everything. Plus I already have a like new TM Hunter rest he can have.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:29 PM

Default RE: ACC's, Axis, Beman Black Max, etc. with

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I had clearance problems with AXIS/BlackMax shafts in my TM. I even tried Blazers for a while and they helped, but I only saw total clearance once I converted my TM into a drop-away. But I'm a perfectionist of sorts, and if your son is just starting out, he's not gonna have a problem with a standard TM. Feathers work well on those little shafts too...somethin' to think about.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Typical Buck

My fiancee has a Quicktune prong rest on her bow. I set her up this year with Axis 500's and Blazers, and we've had no problems at all.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar , when I setup my sons bow , I put a WB rest on it for him . Its a great rest for youngsters as they tend to have jerky draws and tilt the bow . With the WB rest the arrow cant fall off , so its much safer for them .
Old 09-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. Ijimmy, my son is 24 years old and a very steady shot, he just has never been interested in bowhunting until this year. He sold his old High Country bow a few years ago.......just never would take the time to shoot anymore. Think he is going to shoot the TM Hunter for the time being.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar Mag:

My experience was that clearance was not much of a problem with straight offset 4" vanes, and the Axis 400 with shoot through rests. I could get a Blazer to clear with helical too. The helical Blazers shot better with broadheads.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coug, one of my best friends shoots a vipertec with a QuickTune Micro adjust with the 2 prongs. He shoots axis 400's and has had no problems at all. I think you will be just fine.