Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 blazers question!! >

blazers question!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

blazers question!!

Old 08-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default blazers question!!

are blazers a good fletching?I have quite a bit about these on here but have never tried them.I do know they are very short little vanes.whats so good about them?can you put a helical on them?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:05 PM

Default RE: blazers question!!

I just finished fletching my arrows with the Blazers, so far they are great. Ive only shot field points with them, but they fly great and group well. I fletched them with as much helical as I could get on them and still have full contact. Im going to shoot broadheads on them tomorrow to see hwo they do. Ive heard a lot of guys say they love them with their broadheads,. so I hope they are good as everyone says.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:46 AM

I shot both the quikspins and the blazers and I picked the blazers. They are a great fletching. However, it's always different from person to person and you should experiment with a couple arrows before you change your whole fleet.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:37 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure what all the hype really is about with these things. I started shooting them last year, the main thing I like about them is they are extremely quite (shooting them through a WB), don't get any of that hissing noise that i sometimes got with feathers. However, as far as stabilizing an arrow, I don't think they do any better job than anything else out there. Matter of fact, I'm seriously considering going back to the feathers with a good old RH fletch.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I think I will stay with my 4in feathers
Old 08-30-2005, 05:22 PM

i just started using them and so far they are great
Old 08-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started using them a few months ago. They are lighter so it slightly increases speed, and they stabilize as well as larger heavier vanes. I think they are noticibly quieter too. Also, they seem to be tougher. I have only gotten one slight tear on one vane that I hardly noticed. Using 4 inch whatever vanes,they tend to get torn up pretty quickly. Its funny though, one direct hit the other day took a wholeBlazervane off, no rip or tear. My field points and broadheads group together at 30 yards, good enough for me. I haven't shot broadheads further than that, but I get decent groups with field points out to 50. Never shot further than that.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:58 PM

I just started using them as well, with a rh offset, but they seem extreemly durable. I have the wisker biscuit and they have no "wavyiness" as compared to other generic 4in fletching which might be because they are so much thicker. Also, I am no expert on stabilization, but my Slick Tricks are identical to field tips to 35-40yards.