Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String loop fails >

String loop fails

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loop fails

Old 08-26-2005, 04:55 AM

Default RE: String loop fails

that is some good loop material, but won't work with a tru-ball release that has a head. it slips thru the jaws. you have to be careful burning the ball on the end. that is what i'm guessing happened. you don't want it bubbling, just melting. it it starts bubbling it'll end up brittle and can break.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Site Bouncer

I still don't think there is any way of getting a small loop if you tie knots in the ends unless it is done on the string and like I said before I am not comfortable with doing that. I tie my loop just like Bigbulls showed and never had a slip.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:40 PM

I use the blue loop material from Zenith Archery , it works great. I think I paid $3 for 6 feet of it.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigJ12 If you do it just like bigbulls then don't you burn the second knot while it's on the string. I usually tie it loosely with slack then undo it and cut it tothe perfect length and burn both ends. When I re-tie and make the loop extremely small so i can use the slack to tie the know when I pull the knot tight it is perfect length. You have to be farily dexterous to do it this way but then you don't have to burn it while on the string.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Site Bouncer

thenuge15,

I'm not sure by your post if you tiethe extra "safety knots" or not. I personally don't, I tie mine just like bigbulls does. I also like a very small loop and I cut mine to 4in then I burn the ends so the actual string is just a shade under 4in. I then tie it anound a served on nock.

If you can picture this in your mind, after I tie one end to the bow string and get it pretty snug, I lay the string loop along the bow string to the spot I want to tie the other end. I then tie the other end. It takes some time because there is not alot of material to work with but when both ends are tied there isonly enough room to put a screwdriver blade between the string loop and the bow string. I pull slightly with the screwdriver shaft (round one) to get enough room to attach my release. I then slowly start to pull it tight with my release checking to make sure the knot is tight and the burned ends are "locked" in.

When it's all done and tight, there will be just enough room for my release and a nocked arrow.

My original question was how to you get a loop that short without first tying the loop on then tying the "safety knots" and burning. This would have to be doneafter the loop is attached.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Fork Horn

I use the same tie method Big Bulls shows on mine,have used my loop over 4 months now without any problem,,the package my loop came in showed the same tie method, burnish the ends, tie a knot on each end of your string,follow the illustration,snug everything upso there is no slippage.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Guys I do not burn both ends before tying the loop. One is burned before tying and the other is burned when finished tying.

I burn one end into a ball and tie that side on my bow string and pull it as tight as I can with my hand. Then tie the other side on the opposite side of the bow string, pull this side snug, cut the tag end about 3/8" long and fluff and melt that side. Then stick a needle nose plier inside the loop and open them up to pull the loop very tight on the bow string.

The pliers gets everything tight instantly and you don't have to draw back a bunch of times with a screw driver until the release will fit. Open up the pliers and you are done.

Doing it this way will be much quicker and less frustrating that trying to do it with both ends already melted. Especially if you have large fingers. The loop is tight and just long enough to get a release behind the nock with out touching it.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

bump
Old 05-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Tie a clove hitcch instead of a saddle hitch.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Banned

Never had one fail

Quick Reply: String loop fails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.